Trend line trouble.......

Hi there. I have a chronological dataset of approximately 30+ points on
excel, graphed up. I would like to add a linear trend line to this dataset,
but only based on the last 10 points (rolling as I add new data). Basically,
I want to retain 30+ weeks of data on the graph, but only want to see the
trend of the last 10 weeks.....

Tricky one?

Many thanks

Rob

Jim Cone

Rob,
It has been a while since I last did this...
Add a second (duplicate) series, make it invisible, add the trend line to the new series.
If I remember correctly all of the point values should be zero except for the
last ten points. Tell the chart to not plot zeros.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Rob Murphy" <Rob (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
Hi there. I have a chronological dataset of approximately 30+ points on
excel, graphed up. I would like to add a linear trend line to this dataset,
but only based on the last 10 points (rolling as I add new data). Basically,
I want to retain 30+ weeks of data on the graph, but only want to see the
trend of the last 10 weeks.....
Tricky one?
Many thanks
Rob

Hi Jim

You're right, it can be done this way. To be honest I was being a bit lazy
and hoping there was someway I could 'modify' the trend line to always
automatically pick up the last 10 points. The reason I'm being a bit lazy is
tis is part of my companies whole KPI reporting and there are about 90 graphs
(a bit crazy I know!!!).

If there isn't a 'funky' way of modifying the trendline itself, I'll crack
on with this solution.

Thanks for your help

Rob

OK, thanks very much...........perhaps in the next version of Excel......

Regards

Rob