Tree Item Problem. (Really don't know how to explain this) - mg code

G

I am adding managed code to a project that I created under Visual 7.0 C++ because I want to utilize parts of the framework. The project runs fine when I am under Visual 7.0 and the Managed Code extensions are turned off. When I turn them off, one of my views terminates on the "UpdateData" call for the dialog. In the past when I have had this it was generally do to a resource problem and I was able to track it down on the data exchange side or message map. Here I can not even step into it before I terminate with this error

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in progamname.ex

Additional information: Could not load type _TREEITEM from assembly programname, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

All works fine when I don't use the managed code side. If I comment out the "UpdateData" it will load but not populate. I am overriding the base class update data on this

T

Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\)

Hi Bob,
I am adding managed code to a project that I created under Visual 7.0 C++
because I want to utilize parts of the framework. The project runs fine
when I am under Visual 7.0 and the Managed Code extensions are turned off.
When I turn them off, one of my views terminates on the "UpdateData" call
for the dialog. In the past when I have had this it was generally do to a
resource problem and I was able to track it down on the data exchange side
or message map. Here I can not even step into it before I terminate with
this error:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in progamname.exe

Additional information: Could not load type _TREEITEM from assembly
programname, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
All works fine when I don't use the managed code side. If I comment out
the "UpdateData" it will load but not populate. I am overriding the base
class update data on this.

See http://www.winterdom.com/mcppfaq/archives/000262.html

Ask a Question