Trackbar Flickering problem

J

Johnny Jörgensen

In my application I've got a tabcontrol and two tabs, each one containing a
trackbar control.

The background of the tabpages is set to a specific color (i.e. NOT the
standard control color) When I switch between tabs, all other controls look
ok, except for the trackbar controls. The flicker, i.e. they are painted
frist with the standard control color, then my selected background color.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, can anybody tell me how to
avoid that.

I've doublebuffered the entire form, that didn't help, I've tried putting
the trackbars only in a panel that's doublebuffered, that didn't help
either.

If nobody has got the solution to the flicker problem, perhaps you could let
me know if you know of any good 3rd party trackbar controls I can use
instead of the default System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar

Cheers,
Johnny J.

J

Jan

Problem is, if not Standard BackColor of the .net TrackBar Control is SystemColor.Control, the Control Piants itself completely, without asking, You will either have to Override the OnPaint Method of your Form, to particially place your own Graphics, or simply recreate your own TrackBar completely by yourself, the Control is simple Programming Style, which means work thinking and effort is required by the Programmer to make it even more expedient or look fancy.., Nevertheless the Visual .Net Suite is super well engineered in common if you look at the Transperiency and Access to Basic Classes that gives the User the Oportunity to realise their dreams of Computing in beautifull Windows Applikations.. Nobody is perfect, Work is work and to be honored..

J

Jan

Problem is, if not Standard BackColor of the .net TrackBar Control is SystemColor.Control, the Control Piants itself completely, without asking, You will either have to Override the OnPaint Method of your Form, to particially place your own Graphics, or simply recreate your own TrackBar completely by yourself, the Control is simple Programming Style, which means work thinking and effort is required by the Programmer to make it even more expedient or look fancy.., Nevertheless the Visual .Net Suite is super well engineered in common if you look at the Transperiency and Access to Basic Classes that gives the User the Oportunity to realise their dreams of Computing in beautifull Windows Applikations..

Ask a Question