Total Dollar Amounts From Different Worksheet

R

roy.okinawa

I have on worksheet A, column AJ, the dollar amounts of various items. The
column is continous with different dates, column H, throughout the range.

On worksheet B I want to add the total for a specific month (mm/dd/yyyy),
cell J, from that data input on worksheet A. I use the below formula for
other calculations and it works fine. It just gives me total numbers (i.e.
Opened = 5, Closed = 10):

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(worksheet A!H8:H2000,"mmm/yyyy")=TEXT(J1,"mmm/yyyy)))

I need a formula that will calculate/add the total dollar amount (specific
date range) of worksheet A input and be seen on worksheet B ($54,875.45).

Thanks.

B

Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(worksheet
A!H8:H2000,"mmm/yyyy")=TEXT(J1,"mmm/yyyy)),'worksheet A'!B8:B2000)

--
HTH

Bob

(there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy)

R

roy.okinawa

To clarify just a bit:

If I use this forumula on worksheet B: =SUMPRODUCT(Overall!AJ8:AJ2025) I
get the entire $$ amount for column AJ from Overall worksheet. The date
column H needs to correspond to the $$ amount in column AJ. I need to add to
this forumula so I only get the total for the month entered on worksheet B in
cell J1.

B

Bob Phillips

So it just becomes

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Overall!H8:H2000,"mmm/yyyy")=TEXT(J1,"mmm/yyyy)),Overall!AJ:AJ2000)--HTHBob(there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy)"roy.okinawa" <[email protected]> wrote in messageTo clarify just a bit:>> If I use this forumula on worksheet B: =SUMPRODUCT(Overall!AJ8:AJ2025) I> get the entire $$ amount for column AJ from Overall worksheet. The date> column H needs to correspond to the $$ amount in column AJ. I need to addto> this forumula so I only get the total for the month entered on worksheet Bin> cell J1.>> "roy.okinawa" wrote:>>> Is the end B8:B2000 suppsoe to be H8:H2000? Not sure what B is.>>>> "Bob Phillips" wrote:>>>> > =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(worksheet>> > A!H8:H2000,"mmm/yyyy")=TEXT(J1,"mmm/yyyy)),'worksheet A'!B8:B2000)>> >>> >>> > -->> > HTH>> >>> > Bob>> >>> > (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in myaddy)>> >>> > "roy.okinawa" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> > > >I have on worksheet A, column AJ, the dollar amounts of various items.The>> > > column is continous with different dates, column H, throughout therange.>> > >>> > > On worksheet B I want to add the total for a specific month(mm/dd/yyyy),>> > > cell J, from that data input on worksheet A. I use the below formulafor>> > > other calculations and it works fine. It just gives me total numbers>> > > (i.e.>> > > Opened = 5, Closed = 10):>> > >>> > > =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(worksheetA!H8:H2000,"mmm/yyyy")=TEXT(J1,"mmm/yyyy)))>> > >>> > > I need a formula that will calculate/add the total dollar amount(specific>> > > date range) of worksheet A input and be seen on worksheet B($54,875.45).>> > >>> > > Thanks.>> > >>> > >>> >>> >>> >

R

roy.okinawa

Bob, thanks. That solved the problem.

Bob Phillips said:
So it just becomes

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Overall!H8:H2000,"mmm/yyyy")=TEXT(J1,"mmm/yyyy)),Overall!AJ:AJ2000)--HTHBob(there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy)"roy.okinawa" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...> To clarify just a bit:>> If I use this forumula on worksheet B: =SUMPRODUCT(Overall!AJ8:AJ2025) I> get the entire $$ amount for column AJ from Overall worksheet. The date> column H needs to correspond to the $$ amount in column AJ. I need to addto> this forumula so I only get the total for the month entered on worksheet Bin> cell J1.>> "roy.okinawa" wrote:>>> Is the end B8:B2000 suppsoe to be H8:H2000? Not sure what B is.>>>> "Bob Phillips" wrote:>>>> > =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(worksheet>> > A!H8:H2000,"mmm/yyyy")=TEXT(J1,"mmm/yyyy)),'worksheet A'!B8:B2000)>> >>> >>> > -->> > HTH>> >>> > Bob>> >>> > (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in myaddy)>> >>> >

Ask a Question