Tooltip "stay up" time...

Is there a way to change how long a Windows tooltip stays up? The default in
WinXP Pro is 5 seconds, but I'd prefer to see it stay there until I move my
cursor away.

(I realize that this isn't the right NG for the following.) On a very
similar subject, if anyone knows HTML, and especially CSS, I'd like to know
how to make the tooltip stay up indefinitely -- the tooltip that is created
by the "title" and/or the "alt" attribute. I've used a few different
javascripts and accompanying .js files to accomplish this, but I'd love to
just use the "title" attribute so that my job would be quicker and more
efficient. Thanks!

PlainDave
dadenn7e7y7 at yahoo dot c7o7m7 (remove all 7's)

Drew Tognola

Dave,

open Regedit, navigate here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

double-click BalloonTip.

Drew

"PlainDave - DDAS Web Design" <PlainDave - DDAS Web
news:[email protected]...

Wesley Vogel

Automated edit look here:

Read instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
7. Increase Balloon Tip Display Time
-----

Or navigate to>>
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNot
ify
Value Name: BalloonTip
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0x00000003 (3)

Hexadecimal

3 = 3 seconds
5 = 5 seconds
et cetera

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In PlainDave - DDAS Web Design <PlainDave - DDAS Web
(e-mail address removed)> hunted and pecked: