Subject: Tool Tips
From: "MaryAnn" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 9/10/2004 12:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Windows XP SP@

In Explorer there is a "Tool Tip" pop up window that
displays if you move your mouse over a file name. Before
I installed sp2 it would show the "detail" of that file.
On my network saved files It does not show the needed
detail about "Last Modified Date" "Author" - etc.

Is there a way to turn this Needed Info on?
In Windows Explorer, go to Tools>Folder Options>View Tab. Scroll down, near the
bottom is a check box for "Show popup descriptions...", check it.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

MaryAnn

In Windows Explorer, go to Tools>Folder Options>View Tab. Scroll down, near the
bottom is a check box for "Show popup descriptions...", check it.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***
.
Thanks, but that is checked. It does not show on files
located on the network. Any other Ideas?