Tool bar problems

Without having any other problems with Internet Explorer, each time I start
IE my tool bars all need to be adjusted and placed in the proper place, they
upon opening IE are all on one line. This is NOT how it use to be, not how I
want it, and even if I place them as I want them, and lock the toolbars, the
next time I open IE they are messed up again.

I have tried all the help I can find with the program, deselecting the
toolbars to use, reselecting them, then locking the toolbar - to no avail.
HELP

What happened, and what can I do to resolve it? I am about ready to try
Netscape or something, because this is such a pain.

I have tried searching for a file fash.exe as was suggested in another area
of help, as well as msconfig for an "autokit" to uncheck - both I could not
find.

Hi Don;

I have a Dell Dimension so I couldn't follow the first set of instructions.
I did not try the REG file - I was afraid I might mess something up.

I have run my ad-aware and spybot programs, as well as Norton, and nothing -
but it still keeps happening.

Thanks

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
It sounds like you found this page http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/autotkit.htm
Is this a HP/Compaq running WinXP?

Did you try the REG file linked in that article?

Any signs of malware? You might use Toolbar Cop to look for unwanted
buttons, etc. http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm And running through
the steps at
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm would be a good idea.

Don

Don Varnau

Hi,
Run the REG file. It's safe- it just resets the toolbar to default settings
by deleting this DWORD Value which is recreated when you restart.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser
(DWORD Value)ITBarLayout.

Caution is good. Create a System Restore point before running the REG file.
Programs> Accessories> System Tools.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Hi Don;

When you say create a system restore point - what do you mean by that? To do
a complete system back up?

Thanks

"Debbie" <Debbie[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

Ron Bogart

:

[...]

To Set a System Restore Point:

Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore
Place a check in "Create a restore Point" and click NEXT
Enter some descriptive text in the Restore Point description window and
click on CREATE.

You can go back into System Restore if you have problems and click on the
Restore My Computer to a previous point and get to this Restore Point
(provided you don't wait forever) so you can recover back to this point and
back out a problem created after the restore point.

AWESOME HELP RON AND DON - - I APPRECIATE IT. IT WORKED!!!

Ron Bogart said:

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

Ron Bogart

In
Debbie said:
AWESOME HELP RON AND DON - - I APPRECIATE IT. IT WORKED!!!

Ron Bogart said:
In
Debbie said:
[...]

Don did all the work - I just posted the easy stuff. :)

I thank both of you - now I am not going crazy! What makes it hard is when
you don't know where to go for the help - normal IE help doesn't cover this,
and I just by some slim chance ended up where I was and was fortunate for you
and Don to help me!!!

Happy Holidays!

Ron Bogart said:
In
Debbie said:
AWESOME HELP RON AND DON - - I APPRECIATE IT. IT WORKED!!!

Ron Bogart said:
In Debbie <[email protected]> did some thinking and came
up with these words:
[...]

Thanks for you help

Debbie

Debbie said:
I thank both of you - now I am not going crazy! What makes it hard
is when you don't know where to go for the help - normal IE help
doesn't cover this, and I just by some slim chance ended up where I
was and was fortunate for you and Don to help me!!!

Happy Holidays!

Ron Bogart said:
In
Debbie said:
[...]

You're quite welcome. Glad you were able to get it worked out and are
happy. Thanks for posting back and Best of a Safe Holiday Season to you as
well. :)