Toner accumulating on Brother belt

Reaction score
I have a Brother HL-4040CN that started to leave yellow toner "dirt" on the back of the printed pages. When I opened the printer I found the belt unit was very dirty with the toner. I cleaned it and reassembled. The problem went away for a while but came back with use. Then I started to get the "Print Unable 32" message. Again cleaning the belt would fix the problem for a while. I have also notice that the Yellow drum has toner on it while the other color drums appear to be pretty clean. I cleaned the Yellow drum with a clean cloth (as well as the belt) and was able to print again for approximately 30 pages before the 32 message came back. I don't want to start just replacing parts without have some idea what the root cause is. Is it the drum unit, the toner cartridge, the waste container (which I emptied and cleaned) or the belt unit. I suspecting either the drum or yellow cartridge. Any ideas?

Ask a Question