To open a specific report number by users input of the report#.

Nadir

Hi all, please help.

Marshall Barton helped me with this code but I get 2 input message
boxs and it still will open All of the reports there are. But if I
will take this line out

intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish to
print")

It will open one report BUT there are NO DATA in it.

Else
intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish
to print")
strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & intReportNumber & """"
stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
End If

The code from begging to end is:
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Private Sub PrintByReport__Click()
On Error GoTo Err_PrintByReport__Click

Dim stDocName As String
Dim intUserRespond As Integer
Dim intReportNumber As Integer
Dim strWhere As String

If Me.Dirty Then 'save any edits
Me.Dirty = False
Else
strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & [intReportNumber] & """"
stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
End If

Exit_PrintByReport__Click:
Exit Sub

Err_PrintByReport__Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_PrintByReport__Click

End Sub

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi,

Place a break point on the line

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere

Once the code stops at the above line select the menu option View >
Immediate Window

In the Immediate Window type
?strWhere
then hit enter

In the Immediate Window type
?intReportNumber
then hit enter

This will give you an idea as to what's wrong with the code.

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Nadir)
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.reports
| Subject: To open a specific report number by users input of the report#.
| Date: 24 Mar 2004 11:41:11 -0800
|
| Hi all, please help.
|
| Marshall Barton helped me with this code but I get 2 input message
| boxs and it still will open All of the reports there are. But if I
| will take this line out
|
| intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish to
| print")
|
| It will open one report BUT there are NO DATA in it.
|

| Else
| intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish
| to print")
| strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & intReportNumber & """"
| stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
| End If
|

| The code from begging to end is:
| Option Compare Database
| Option Explicit
|
| Private Sub PrintByReport__Click()
| On Error GoTo Err_PrintByReport__Click
|
| Dim stDocName As String
| Dim intUserRespond As Integer
| Dim intReportNumber As Integer
| Dim strWhere As String
|
| If Me.Dirty Then 'save any edits
| Me.Dirty = False
| Else
| strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & [intReportNumber] & """"
| stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
| End If
|
| Exit_PrintByReport__Click:
| Exit Sub
|
| Err_PrintByReport__Click:
| MsgBox Err.Description
| Resume Exit_PrintByReport__Click
|
| End Sub

Nadir

Thank you Eric,
I found the problem.

I also added this code(below) and it works fine but I can't click
anywhere else such as if I need to scroll done when it is in the
preview mode or click on the navigator to see the second page of the
report. Can you help me?

intUserRespond = MsgBox("Do you want to print this report?", vbYesNo,
"Print Report Window")
If intUserRespond = vbYes Then
DoCmd.PrintOut (acPrintAll)

> [...]

| to print")
| strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & intReportNumber & """"
| stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
| End If
|

| The code from begging to end is:
| Option Compare Database
| Option Explicit
|
| Private Sub PrintByReport__Click()
| On Error GoTo Err_PrintByReport__Click
|
| Dim stDocName As String
| Dim intUserRespond As Integer
| Dim intReportNumber As Integer
| Dim strWhere As String
|
| If Me.Dirty Then 'save any edits
| Me.Dirty = False
| Else
| strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & [intReportNumber] & """"
| stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi,

Not sure if you are aware or not but the PrintOut action prints the active
object in the open database.

Are you sure you don't want to use instead
DoCmd.OpenReport acPrintAll

If for whatever reason you need to PrintOut then use the optional arguments
"PageFrom" and "PageTo", example:

DoCmd.PrintOut acPages, 1, 4

For details see the Microsoft Access help topic "PrintOut Method".

> [...]

| > respond back to this posting.
| >

| > Regards,
| >
| > Eric Butts
| > Microsoft Access Support
| > (e-mail address removed)
| > "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
| > Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly
advises
| > you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
| > Security Bulletin MS03-026
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp>
and/or
| > to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to
install
| > the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
help
| > to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border1.nntp.ash.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news.glorb.com!postnews2.google.com!not-for-mai
| > |
| > | Hi all, please help.
| > |
| > | Marshall Barton helped me with this code but I get 2 input message
| > | boxs and it still will open All of the reports there are. But if I
| > | will take this line out
| > |
| > | intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish to
| > | print")
| > |
| > | It will open one report BUT there are NO DATA in it.
| > |
| > |
| > | Else
| > | intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish
| > | to print")
| > | strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & intReportNumber & """"
| > | stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| > | DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
| > | End If
| > |
| > |
| > | The code from begging to end is:
| > | Option Compare Database
| > | Option Explicit
| > |
| > | Private Sub PrintByReport__Click()
| > | On Error GoTo Err_PrintByReport__Click
| > |
| > | Dim stDocName As String
| > | Dim intUserRespond As Integer
| > | Dim intReportNumber As Integer
| > | Dim strWhere As String
| > |
| > | If Me.Dirty Then 'save any edits
| > | Me.Dirty = False
| > | Else
| > | strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & [intReportNumber] & """"
| > | stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| > | DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
| > | End If
| > |
| > | Exit_PrintByReport__Click:
| > | Exit Sub
| > |
| > | Err_PrintByReport__Click:
| > | MsgBox Err.Description
| > | Resume Exit_PrintByReport__Click
| > |
| > | End Sub
| > |

Nadir

Hi Eric,
Thank you, I did the change it is better. Is there a way when it popup
with the message box of "Do you want to print this - Yes/No" to be
able to click on the form behind of the message box if I want to
scroll down or navigate to the next page before I click on Yes or No.

Thanks,

> [...]

| > Security Bulletin MS03-026
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp>
and/or
| > to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to
install
| > the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
help
| > to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

rights

| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Nadir)
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.reports
| > | Subject: To open a specific report number by users input of the
report#.
| > | Date: 24 Mar 2004 11:41:11 -0800

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border1.nntp.ash.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news.glorb.com!postnews2.google.com!not-for-mai
| > |
| > | Marshall Barton helped me with this code but I get 2 input message
| > | boxs and it still will open All of the reports there are. But if I
| > | will take this line out
| > |
| > | intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish to
| > | print")
| > |
| > | It will open one report BUT there are NO DATA in it.
| > |
| > |
| > | Else
| > | intReportNumber = InputBox("Please enter the report number you wish
| > | to print")
| > | strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & intReportNumber & """"
| > | stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| > | DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
| > | End If
| > |
| > |
| > | The code from begging to end is:
| > | Option Compare Database
| > | Option Explicit
| > |
| > | Private Sub PrintByReport__Click()
| > | On Error GoTo Err_PrintByReport__Click
| > |
| > | Dim stDocName As String
| > | Dim intUserRespond As Integer
| > | Dim intReportNumber As Integer
| > | Dim strWhere As String
| > |
| > | If Me.Dirty Then 'save any edits
| > | Me.Dirty = False
| > | Else
| > | strWhere = "[qryBPLReport] = """ & [intReportNumber] & """"
| > | stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
| > | DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
| > | End If
| > |
| > | Exit_PrintByReport__Click:
| > | Exit Sub
| > |
| > | Err_PrintByReport__Click:
| > | MsgBox Err.Description
| > | Resume Exit_PrintByReport__Click
| > |
| > | End Sub
| > |

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Nadir,

The Msgbox is modal, the user must supply information or close the UserForm
before using any other part of the application.

You would need to create your own pop-up Form with the Yes and No buttons.

> [...]

| > Regards,
| >
| > Eric Butts
| > Microsoft Access Support
| > (e-mail address removed)
| > "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
| > Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly
advises
| > you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
| > Security Bulletin MS03-026
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp>
and/or
| > to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to
install
| > the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
help
| > to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.glorb.com!postnews2.google.com!not-for-mail
| > |
| > | Thank you Eric,
| > | I found the problem.
| > |
| > | I also added this code(below) and it works fine but I can't click
| > | anywhere else such as if I need to scroll done when it is in the
| > | preview mode or click on the navigator to see the second page of the
| > | report. Can you help me?
| > |
| > | intUserRespond = MsgBox("Do you want to print this report?", vbYesNo,
| > | "Print Report Window")
| > | If intUserRespond = vbYes Then
| > | DoCmd.PrintOut (acPrintAll)
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > please

| > advises
Microsoft
| > and/or
| > install
| > help
MS03-026."

| > rights

| > report#.

cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border1.nntp.ash.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news.glorb.com!postnews2.google.com!not-for-mai
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > |

Nadir

Hi Eric,
Thanks. I think I will leave it alone as is.
If I have another button that will search by the "Date" (not "Between"
& "And")it just will do the same as the one before by "Report" number.
This will be by Date (user will know the specific Date).
I know I'm missing some thing in this code, can you help me?

Thank you.

Private Sub PrintByDate_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_PrintByDate_Click

Dim stDocName As String
Dim intUserRespond As Integer
Dim intReportDate As String
Dim strWhere As String

intReportDate = InputBox("Please enter the Report's Date you wish to
print", "View BPL Report by date")
strWhere = "[IncidentDate] = """ & intReportDate & """"
stDocName = "rptMasterBPLReport"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere
intUserRespond = MsgBox("Do you want to print this report?",
vbOKCancel, "Print Report Window")
If intUserRespond = vbOK Then
DoCmd.OpenReport acPrintAll
Else
DoCmd.Close
End If
Exit_PrintByDate_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_PrintByDate_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_PrintByDate_Click

End Sub

> [...]

| > you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
| > Security Bulletin MS03-026
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp>
and/or
| > to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to
install
| > the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
help
| > to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

rights

| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Nadir)
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.reports
| > | Subject: Re: To open a specific report number by users input of the
report#.
| > | Date: 25 Mar 2004 10:55:10 -0800

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.glorb.com!postnews2.google.com!not-for-mail
| > |
| > | I also added this code(below) and it works fine but I can't click
| > | anywhere else such as if I need to scroll done when it is in the
| > | preview mode or click on the navigator to see the second page of the
| > | report. Can you help me?
| > |
| > | intUserRespond = MsgBox("Do you want to print this report?", vbYesNo,
| > | "Print Report Window")
| > | If intUserRespond = vbYes Then
| > | DoCmd.PrintOut (acPrintAll)
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

Microsoft
will
help
MS03-026."

cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s

ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border1.nntp.ash.gi

ganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news.glorb.com!postnews2.google.com!not-for-mai
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > |

John W. Vinson/MVP

A Date field IS NOT A STRING! It must be delimited by #
characters, not ":

strWhere = "[IncidentDate] = #" & intReportDate & "#"

John W. Vinson