Time Stamp not updating on included Component after migration

G

I'm migrating a customer's site from IIS5 server running FP EXT 2000 to IIS server running FP EXT 2002. To migrate the site I copied the site from the existing server to my local machine and then published it from there. All the FP components except the Time Stamp for when the page was edited are working ok. The pages have a shared footer done as an include content FP component and the timestamp that is not updating is in the included file. On the current site, the timestamp displays the time the page was last updated and so varies depending on the update

On the new site the timestamp is the same on all pages and is the same as the actual time that the footer file itself was last updated so this is because I copied the files to my local server and then published

Is there some way I can get the timestamp component to start working again? I've tried recaculating the hyperlinks and reinstalling the frontpage extensions and recalculating the hyperlinks. I've tried resaving the footer file in FrontPage and recaluating the hyperlinks

I should be able to publish the site directly from one server to another but as the site is nearly 1 gig in size I'd like to be able to avoid this if possible but would give it a go if people think that is the only way to fix it

Thank you for your help

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You need to publish the site between location, not copy to maintain FP component functionality.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

WeshieOne said:
I'm migrating a customer's site from IIS5 server running FP EXT 2000 to IIS server running FP EXT
2002. To migrate the site I copied the site from the existing server to my local machine and then
published it from there. All the FP components except the Time Stamp for when the page was edited
are working ok. The pages have a shared footer done as an include content FP component and the
timestamp that is not updating is in the included file. On the current site, the timestamp displays
the time the page was last updated and so varies depending on the update.
On the new site the timestamp is the same on all pages and is the same as the actual time that
the footer file itself was last updated so this is because I copied the files to my local server
and then published.
Is there some way I can get the timestamp component to start working again? I've tried
recaculating the hyperlinks and reinstalling the frontpage extensions and recalculating the
hyperlinks. I've tried resaving the footer file in FrontPage and recaluating the hyperlinks.
I should be able to publish the site directly from one server to another but as the site is nearly
1 gig in size I'd like to be able to avoid this if possible but would give it a go if people think
that is the only way to fix it.

G

Thank you,

I published the web from server to server directly but it has not fixed the problem.

The customer is concerned that this is a problem of FP ext 2002 on the new server and FP 2000 ext on the current server but from information supplied by yourself in other posts suggests both the datestamp and the includes functionality is a design time based component not exension based.

My problem is I have been trying to get the included date stamp functionality working in a test web and I can't. I have created a test footer.htm page with a date stamp of when page was last edited in it and have created test page (timestamp.htm) that have an include web component to the footer.htm. I then edit the timestamp.htm and republished it and the datestamp does not update on the timestamp.htm

As you will see in my original post this works on the customers current web site- the date stamp at the bottom of the page is the date the page was last edited not when the included footer.html file was updated. The customer said that they create new pages by copying an old page as a template. They don't republish the footer or do a recalulate of the hyperlinks to get this functionality to work.

If someone can tell me how to get this functionality working I would be very grateful

THank

----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: ----

You need to publish the site between location, not copy to maintain FP component functionality

--
=============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
WEBMASTER Resources(tm
http://www.ycoln-resources.co
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc
=============================================
To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.as

WeshieOne said:
I'm migrating a customer's site from IIS5 server running FP EXT 2000 to IIS server running FP EX
2002. To migrate the site I copied the site from the existing server to my local machine and the
published it from there. All the FP components except the Time Stamp for when the page was edite
are working ok. The pages have a shared footer done as an include content FP component and th
timestamp that is not updating is in the included file. On the current site, the timestamp display
the time the page was last updated and so varies depending on the updatethe footer file itself was last updated so this is because I copied the files to my local serve
and then publishedrecaculating the hyperlinks and reinstalling the frontpage extensions and recalculating th
hyperlinks. I've tried resaving the footer file in FrontPage and recaluating the hyperlinks1 gig in size I'd like to be able to avoid this if possible but would give it a go if people thin
that is the only way to fix it

T

Thomas A. Rowe

They are design-time component, but design-time also applied when hosted on a remote server with the
FP extensions since the site can be edited directly on the remote server via FP.

It appears that under FP2002 extensions, you must insert the timestamp into each individual page in
order to has the date/time of the specific page show the last time the page was actually updated.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Weshieone said:
Thank you,

I published the web from server to server directly but it has not fixed the problem.

The customer is concerned that this is a problem of FP ext 2002 on the new server and FP 2000 ext
on the current server but from information supplied by yourself in other posts suggests both the
datestamp and the includes functionality is a design time based component not exension based.
My problem is I have been trying to get the included date stamp functionality working in a test
web and I can't. I have created a test footer.htm page with a date stamp of when page was last
edited in it and have created test page (timestamp.htm) that have an include web component to the
footer.htm. I then edit the timestamp.htm and republished it and the datestamp does not update on
the timestamp.htm
As you will see in my original post this works on the customers current web site- the date stamp
at the bottom of the page is the date the page was last edited not when the included footer.html
file was updated. The customer said that they create new pages by copying an old page as a template.
They don't republish the footer or do a recalulate of the hyperlinks to get this functionality to
work.

R

Ronx

Assuming the TimeStamp is the Timestamp webbot, check the properties and
ensure "date this page was last automatically updated" is checked.
The date should then update when the page content is changed, even when the
TimeStamp is in an included page or shared border.

The move to a new server _may_ have set the timestamp to the date of the
move for all pages.
--
Ron
Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.

Weshieone said:
Thank you,

The customer is concerned that this is a problem of FP ext 2002 on the
new server and FP 2000 ext on the current server but from information
supplied by yourself in other posts suggests both the datestamp and the
includes functionality is a design time based component not exension based.
My problem is I have been trying to get the included date stamp
functionality working in a test web and I can't. I have created a test
footer.htm page with a date stamp of when page was last edited in it and
have created test page (timestamp.htm) that have an include web component
to the footer.htm. I then edit the timestamp.htm and republished it and the
datestamp does not update on the timestamp.htm
As you will see in my original post this works on the customers current
web site- the date stamp at the bottom of the page is the date the page was
last edited not when the included footer.html file was updated. The
customer said that they create new pages by copying an old page as a
template. They don't republish the footer or do a recalulate of the
hyperlinks to get this functionality to work.
If someone can tell me how to get this functionality working I would be very grateful.

THanks

----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: -----

You need to publish the site between location, not copy to maintain FP component functionality.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
2000 to IIS server running FP EXT
2002. To migrate the site I copied the site from the existing server to my local machine and then
published it from there. All the FP components except the Time Stamp for when the page was edited
are working ok. The pages have a shared footer done as an include content FP component and the
timestamp that is not updating is in the included file. On the
current site, the timestamp displays
the time the page was last updated and so varies depending on the update.
the same as the actual time that
the footer file itself was last updated so this is because I copied the files to my local server
and then published. working again? I've tried
recaculating the hyperlinks and reinstalling the frontpage
extensions and recalculating the
hyperlinks. I've tried resaving the footer file in FrontPage and recaluating the hyperlinks.
another but as the site is nearly
1 gig in size I'd like to be able to avoid this if possible but
would give it a go if people think

Ask a Question