Thumbnails of graphic files

John Williams

How do I get Windows Explorer to show a thumbnail of a graphic file when I
put the curser on the file's icon or name?

TIA.

Johm Williams

MadMental

Windows Explorer doesn't do this, go to the folder you require via My
Computer.

John Williams

I went there via My Computer and got the same results as with Wiindows
Explorer. What was I supposed to have gotten?

John Williams

This didn't work. On my Win98 desktop it works fine. Just placing the
curser over the file name produces a thumbnail. On the WinXP there's an
option to display thumbnails. But this causes thumbnails of all of the file
contents to display.

John Williams

John Williams

Thanks for your input. You're probably right - I installed something which
is affecting what displays.

I just found that if I click on "folders" to unindent it, graphics stuff
takes the place of folder info on the left. Then, resting curser on file
name causes preview to appear on the left.

Thanks again.
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
That's nothing to do with windows. You installed some program.