Threadpool calling a COM+ process failing on Hashtables

G

We have built a huge application that is normally fronted by a web front-end. The system was built in C#.Net and is fully COM+

The section I am building, however, reads from MSMQ and depending on the message, fires off an Assembly that also utilises the Business logic in the already created projects. Running a single thread in my thread pool, works fine, as soon as more than 2 threads start executing, I get errors in components on the Data Tier that put stuff into a Hashtable before posting it to the Data Manager component

I get the clasic "Object reference not set" error. (The one that normally occurs when a key is not found in a hashtable)

All these thread are processing the exact same message from the queue. (I posted 1000 of the same messages onto the queue

Should COM+ not fire off every component into it's own thread as it uses them, and therefore not interfere with one another? What am I doing wrong

I would really apreciate any suggestions or ideas anyone has

Thank
David Taylor

A

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

is that a global hash table? are you synchronizing access to the table if it
is?

Ask a Question