This is so funny!

Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
6,738
Reaction score
102
Hey guys, just got this email totally out of the blue. Its total bull (i hope) but take a read...

FROM THE OFFICE OF ENGR.STEPHEN OWEN

FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING,

FEDERAL SECRETARIAT OFFICE COMPLEX,

FALOMO, IKOYI - LAGOS.

Dear sir,

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction,this is by virtue of it's nature as being utterly confidential and top secret as you were introduced to us in confidence through the Nigerian Chamber of Commerce, foreign trade division.

We are top officials from the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing,(FMWH),Federal Ministry of Finance and the Presidency, making up the Contract Review Panel (CRP) set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria to review contracts awarded by the past military administration.

In the course of our work on the CRP, we discovered this fund which resulted from grossly over-invoiced contracts which were executed for the FMW&H during the last administration. The companies that executed the contracts have been duly paid and the contracts commissioned leaving the sum of US$17.4 Million floating in the escrow account of the Central Bank of Nigeria ready for payment.

I have therefore been mandated as a matter of trust by my colleagues in the panel to look for an overseas partner to whom we could transfer the sum of US$17.4M legally subcontracting the entitlement to your company.This is bearing in mind that our civil service code of conduct forbids us from owning foreign company or running foreign account while in government service hence the need for an overseas partner.

We have agreed that the funds will be shared thus after it has been paid into your account:

(1) 30% of the money will go to you for acting as the beneficiary of the fund.

(2) 10% has been set aside as an abstract projection for reimbursment to both parties for incidental expences that may be incurred in the course of the transaction.

(3) 60% to us the government officials (with which we wish to commence an importation business inconjunction with you ).

All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for the smooth conclusion of the transaction within ten to fourteen days of commencement after receipt of the following information: Your company name, address, company's details,telephone & fax numbers.

These information will enable us make the applications and lodge claims to the concerned ministries & agencies in favour of your company and it is pertinent to state here that this transaction is entirely based on trust as the solar bank draft or certified cheque drawable in any of the Central Bank of Nigeria correspondent bankers around the world is going to be made in your name.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter using my e-mail address,stating your tel/fax number for further details.

Yours faithfully,

ENGR.STEPHEN OWEN

And the BEST bit of all? The guys email address is [[email protected]]
government email account my ass!

Ian

Administrator
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
19,873
Reaction score
1,499
I get these e-mails a few times a week, each as crazy as the next! These Nigerian scammers make some serious money, as people ALWAYS fall for it!

Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
6,738
Reaction score
102
So there are people that are willing to launder money into the country "and recieve 30% for their troubles"?

who on earth thinks that an official government would want some random business in the UK to transfer money for them and pay them over $510,000 for doing so!?

crazy

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Moderator
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
20,281
Reaction score
1,794
Yep, I get quite a few of them as well. The last one was supposedly from the Ivory Coast and concerned a Chieftan's inheritance or something.

Probably a Croation in Peckham :D

Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi! I am new at this site but since I saw the same thing that I got on my mailer, I thought of writing to you too!

I hate scammers & that is what i wrote to this gentleman and also asked for his genuinity to which I got an absolute different response that I am enclosing below. The message is bulky & did not care to read it but this gives a bottom line that these assholes never read a message but just paste in a message they are sending to the world whom they think they have netted! What a bullshit...

Can we do something about them?