Then out of the blue

Reaction score
Have a little bit of trouble with the old PC. It would appear that someone tried to gain access to it, a friend of mine a IT pro diagnosed my symptoms which were bits of the software and Windows were missing and I kept getting error messages, he advised a clean re installation of Windows so have been off line for a bit. I have now installed Trend Micro Titanium anti virus and not bothered with a free one as unfortunately they are not as reliable as I thought. Now going ok but now having to spend time reinstalling programs.:confused:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are back up and running.
As for paid for vs free antivirus, the last time I used paid for was KIS 2010. Now days if I do repairs or builds for friends I use Microsoft Security Essentials. It does what it says on the tin and in my opinion is up there with some paid for AV's

Reaction score
I use Bitdefender Total Security 2013 and the best i have used in years.:thumb:
Bootneck just wait until you have to do the windows updates, i had 167!:eek:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Been using MSE for as long as its been around and never had a problem, could it be that you may have accidentally let the intruder in from a backdoor somewhere, as thats how it usually happens..
The user then normally goes on to blame the Antivirus and firewall software when they have a problem.

I have dealt with lots of user problems like this over the years and thats normally what its turned out to be, you'll have to be more careful in future Bootneck..;)

Reaction score
Was probably my fault CL but feel safer with Trend now. I think I have only 4 more to download feckit , phew it took a long time!!!:cry:

Reaction score
I too use MSE and Superanti spy wear,both great progs,never had any bother.
historian

Reaction score
Most of the time, I prefer to install green software. Then I will save a lot of time once reinstall my PC.

Ask a Question