The Windows Vista CTP Program (for MSDN and Tech Net Plus Tester's) is still alive and well!

The Windows Vista CTP Program (for MSDN and Tech Net Plus Tester's) is still
alive and well. A solution to one of my Windows Vista Bug's will be fixed
in the upcoming Windows Vista Post Beta 2 CTP, according to Microsoft. Seth
Adams, MSDN Program Manager, said that MSDN Tester's will be getting a Post
Beta 2 CTP, sometime prior to RC1, on the MSDN Subscriptions Home Page.

I sort of Stopped Posting here for a while, because I was getting tired of
all the Funny Complaints about the CTP Program being Closed, and the Excuses
People had for not Registering On Time, as well as all the Sob Stories about
how: Oh Gee, I Lost My Product Key, when they can still get Windows Vista
Beta 2 by becoming either a MSDN OS Level Tester, or a Microsoft Tech Net
Plus Tester. I also have been Adjusting to a Change in my Meds, since the
the Old Medication was not working very effectively. My Doctor is switching
me from my Old Medication called Risperdal to a New Medication called
Abilify, which should help me control my Behavior much better in this
Newsgroup, just FYI.

Jeff

LOL
Welcome Back!!!
Jeff
I sort of Stopped Posting here for a while, because I was getting tired of
all the Funny Complaints about the CTP Program being Closed, and the
Excuses People had for not Registering On Time, as well as all the Sob
Stories about how: Oh Gee, I Lost My Product Key, when they can still get
Windows Vista Beta 2 by becoming either a MSDN OS Level Tester, or a
Microsoft Tech Net Plus Tester. I also have been Adjusting to a Change in
my Meds, since the the Old Medication was not working very effectively. My
Doctor is switching me from my Old Medication called Risperdal to a New
Medication called Abilify, which should help me control my Behavior much
better in this Newsgroup, just FYI.

I wasn't supposed to mention what the problem was, but I did anyways, take a
look at my replies to the Norton Internet Security 2007 Beta Question, and
Install at your own risk.

Colin Barnhorst

All you had to do was ignore all posts with subject lines that begin with
"HELP!" :)

Robert Robinson

The Windows Vista CTP Program (for MSDN and Tech Net Plus Tester's) is
still alive and well. A solution to one of my Windows Vista Bug's will
be fixed in the upcoming Windows Vista Post Beta 2 CTP, according to
Microsoft. Seth Adams, MSDN Program Manager, said that MSDN Tester's
will be getting a Post Beta 2 CTP, sometime prior to RC1, on the MSDN
Subscriptions Home Page.
The Vista July CTP was posted on MSDN 7/19/2006. Does anyone know how
this version compares with beta 2 ?
Thank you.
Robbie

Colin Barnhorst

Yes.

Robert Robinson said:
The Vista July CTP was posted on MSDN 7/19/2006. Does anyone know how this
version compares with beta 2 ?
Thank you.
Robbie

Colin Barnhorst

There is a lenthy OOBE, a new "first run" networking setup balloon, much
faster performance, better support for desktop configuration for dual
monitor users for cards that had problems with that before, much smoothing
of jaggies in things like flip3d, and much more. The overall feel is much
better. 5384 has a much clunkier feel by comparison.

Robert Robinson

This quote from MSDN may be helpful, especially if you are interested in
NET 3.0. See:

"With MSDN Subscriber Downloads now offering both Windows Vista Beta 2
and the new July 2006 CTP, I think you'll find his guidance helpful.
Check out his post at
http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/archive/2006/07/17/668572.aspx and
download your preferred build from MSDN Subscriber Downloads today!"

Robbie