The type System.ComponentModel.PropertyDescriptor is not marked as serializable.

Trapulo

I've implemented IBindingList to permit the datagrid sort rows of my
collection.
This feature is a sort of hell (MS: a simpler way, or some sample?), but now
I've done it.

My new problem is that my collection is serialized, because I pass it via
remoting from server to client. So I've this runtime error. What can I do?

thanks

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

Trapulo,
I would separate the presentation (PropertyDescriptor) from the domain
(serializable collection), in other words when I needed the
PropertyDescriptors I would create them. Also, seeing as they should be the
same for all instances of the collection I would make them shared variables.
Which means I would only need to create them once.

Rockford Lhotka has a complete framework described in his book "Expert
One-on-One Visual basic .NET Business Objects" that describe how to use
IBindingList and serializable collections of business objects.

http://www.lhotka.net

Hope this helps
Jay

Trapulo

Jay B. Harlow said:
Trapulo,
I would separate the presentation (PropertyDescriptor) from the domain
(serializable collection), in other words when I needed the
PropertyDescriptors I would create them.

My problem was that I need PropertuDescriptor to implement IBindingList, so
I cannot remote it from the collectionbase object.

Also, seeing as they should be the
same for all instances of the collection I would make them shared variables.
Which means I would only need to create them once.

Ive solved marking them as nonserializable. Smart solution :)
Rockford Lhotka has a complete framework described in his book "Expert
One-on-One Visual basic .NET Business Objects" that describe how to use
IBindingList and serializable collections of business objects.

http://www.lhotka.net

I'll see!

thanks!

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Trapulo,

Thanks for sharing your experience in the group. It benefits developers
here.

Thanks again for participating the community.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "Trapulo" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Re: The type System.ComponentModel.PropertyDescriptor is not
marked as serializable.
!Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:38:25 +0200
!Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting
,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls,microsoft.public.do
tnet.languages.vb.controls
!
!
!!> Trapulo,
!> I would separate the presentation (PropertyDescriptor) from the domain
!> (serializable collection), in other words when I needed the
!> PropertyDescriptors I would create them.
!
!My problem was that I need PropertuDescriptor to implement IBindingList, so
!I cannot remote it from the collectionbase object.
!
! Also, seeing as they should be the
!> same for all instances of the collection I would make them shared
!variables.
!> Which means I would only need to create them once.
!>
!