Have you tried running CheckDisk?
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer, and navigate to the drive with the NTFS files system errors.
2. Right-click it and choose "Properties".
3. On the Tools tab, press the "check for errors" button.
4. At the insuing dialog box, check both checkboxes.
5. You will then be prompted to schedule a disk scan at next tootup. Press "Yes".
6. Restart your computer. CheckDisk will run before Windows loads.
using xp home: how do i fix file system errors on an ntfs partition?