"The Server Is Not Operational" Error Message in Active Directory

G

Hello,
I have small network ~100 computers and three Windows 2000 Servers.
And I have the problems mentioned in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 223321.
But none of the reasons mentioned in arcticle could be applied to my case.
I can work with AD user and computers for many hours, but then it gives
"The Server Is Not Operational" for several minutes AD is not readable and then it becomes available without any action from my side. During this period AD is working from other computres, from terminals.
Please help me to resolve this problem
Best regards,
Kirill Frolov

M

Mark-Allen

Start Task Manager on the servers, and on your machine. When it happens again check your workstation and the servers to see if a process is hogging the CPU and/or network.

--
Mark-Allen Perry
ALPHA Systems, Switzerland
mark-allen AT mvps DOT org

Hello,
I have small network ~100 computers and three Windows 2000 Servers.
And I have the problems mentioned in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 223321.
But none of the reasons mentioned in arcticle could be applied to my case.
I can work with AD user and computers for many hours, but then it gives
"The Server Is Not Operational" for several minutes AD is not readable and then it becomes available without any action from my side. During this period AD is working from other computres, from terminals.
Please help me to resolve this problem
Best regards,
Kirill Frolov

G

Hello,
Thanks for Your reply.
During this period the workstation and servers CPU are not busy, the network usage is not more than 10%. All what I have described happens on other computer too. I believe something with configuration, but what?

M

Mark-Allen

I still think it's more on the server side and has something to do with a task or process that hogs the CPU for an amount of time.

Please check with my other suggestion and let us know.

--
Mark-Allen Perry
ALPHA Systems, Switzerland
mark-allen AT mvps DOT org

Hello,
Thanks for Your reply.
During this period the workstation and servers CPU are not busy, the network usage is not more than 10%. All what I have described happens on other computer too. I believe something with configuration, but what?

Ask a Question