The Photos You Have Been Waiting For!

Reaction score
Just had a play with aperture and shutter speed - got much better understanding of it now...

basically the BIGGER the aperture, the LESS light that gets in.

So if you want to take pictures in the dark, where auto would use the flash and sports would choose a long shutter speed, you could have a shutter speed where you dont need a tripod to keep steady, and a really low aperture to let lots of light in... i think.

Had a play and this is what i call up with.

I think i'll call it...

Supersonic Mouse

attachment.php

Oh and Crazylegs - did you see my long exposure shots taken from a bridge over the A3 at night? is that the kind of thing you mean? i didnt have a tripod, i was resting the camera on the edge of the bridge so couldnt keep it steady that long - hence the blur. But i like it.

Attachments

• DA_QuickMouse.JPG
    DA_QuickMouse.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 121

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am still playing after 35 years into it and just cannot get enough :lol:

Reaction score
I certainly will do :)

Been playing around with a photo i took at work... Nothing special but i think its quite cool!!

3of3nb4.jpg

1of3la5.jpg

2of3ug2.jpg

Reaction score
Just taken out an insurance policy with Photoguard - £3.90 a month (inc interest) gets my equipment insured for the sum of £900, excess free, with Vehicle and Accidental damage/loss cover. Includes new for old i think too.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Just taken out an insurance policy with Photoguard - £3.90 a month (inc interest) gets my equipment insured for the sum of £900, excess free, with Vehicle and Accidental damage/loss cover. Includes new for old i think too.
You should have checked your "household insurance" first ... you can get what is called "all-risks cover" for about £100 or less for a year ... excess would be around the usual £50-£100, you will usually have to list the items individually, and best to take photos of them ;) too.

A lot of people just do not know what is covered on there household insurance, or that fact that they can "add" to it ... it really does pay to ask them first too ... can work out a damn lot cheaper.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Been over that one, but good call Mucks.

My parents flat out refuse to let anyone claim on the household insurance because they dont want to lose their no claims. Even if was over the demise of their sons spanking new dSLR. lol.

If the excess was £50 on the household policy (i think its a bit more), it would still be cheaper to get a seperate policy for the camera - as thats only £46.80 a year excess free.

I will, however, need to take out an insurance policy for my Halls of Residance at uni - as i did some research and found our household policy wont cover that. Endsleigh i have been told are the people to use...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah Endsleigh insurance are the business Chris....Can insure your whole room contents Incl Laptop and gadgets covers them off premises as well...Make sure you stipulate this....

Reaction score
Hmm... might end up having my camera insured twice then!!

Will give them a ring and sort it all out or something soon, as defo need laptop covered on new for old, and need a low excess policy too.

Ask a Question