THE CURE FOR CANCER?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Great news for the babies concerned. :thumb:

But two cases hardly constitutes a "cure." I might believe it if there were several hundred.

I'm afraid we've heard it all before. I have a 1924 book which states that " the cures for both cancer and the common cold are just around the corner." That's 93 years ago.

Don't stop the research though, we may get there eventually. :)

Reaction score
Agreed and very true. However the conspiracy theorist inside me still believes we the minions are not privy to the whole truth in my matters including certain cures and energy issues

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you want what I consider to be an honest appraisal of the ongoing cancer situation just take a look at the news pages on the UK's cancer research website.

An individual now has a much greater chance of surviving cancer than they did, say, 30 years ago, and that is a fact.

There's a lot of tosh spouted about, particularly on the internet about radiotherapy and chemotherapy being bad things and that a changed diet and/or turmeric, bananas, broccoli will cure cancer. Oh yeah? Just try it and you'll probably end up deceased.

Likewise lots of people have this idea that the large pharmaceutical companies suppress certain drugs that will cure cancer just to make profits which I believe to be complete rubbish. Your biggest enemy in this field is the government.

Remember - they (The NHS) cured me of cancer - twice. And I am not a remarkable human being, just Joe Average so I figure I'm living proof nobody is out to get you.

Mind you, the energy alternatives? I'm not so sure about that, all the time oil makes a few individuals rich I do think it's likely we won't see that many alternative energy sources emerge.

Reaction score
In Australia we have a plant called Gumbi Gumbi. They dry the leaves and then grind them up and put them into gel capsules. They have had great results with Gumbi Gumbi in curing various forms of cancer.

There is also another product known as Black Salve. My dad used it to cure several skin cancers etc. Apricot kernels are also known to be beneficial as they contain vitamin B17.

I have lost many friends and family members through cancer. Most of them had chemotherapy but I'm afraid that it rarely works. Personally I don't think Chemo is the solution. That is just my opinion as I am not a doctor.

Reaction score
Dean, no disrespect, but, those 'cures' are Myths that have no credence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...monly-asked-questions-surrounding-cancer.html

I suppose, cyanide poisoning would 'cure' cancer. :)
No offence taken. I am just going by actual cases that I know of where these natural products have worked. Also do not believe all that you read because Chemo is the biggest money making procedure today. It is factual that it DOES NOT WORK long term on 98% of patience so I guess natural, alternative treatments are worth trying.

Kind Regards Dean

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hi Dean, guess I must be one of the 2% then eh? as I underwent chemotherapy as part of my cancer treatment 10 years ago and I'm still here (or at least I was last time I looked).

There again, perhaps it was constituents in my tap water triggered by vapour trail fallout inhalation that cured my cancer.

And a lady friend of mine has just completed her chemo and radio therapies and has been cleared of breast cancer, she's 12 years younger than me. She's in remission for a while, obviously, but things are looking hopeful.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Chemotherapy certainly seems to have its uses - it gave my mum a couple of extra years that she probably wouldn't have otherwise had (it was used to shrink her tumour, which meant it could be removed through surgery, but did eventually come back). The side effects weren't pleasant for her but they didn't last too long. It's true that it didn't last long term, but it extended her life and that was worth doing.

That being said, it's a pretty blunt instrument. I'm sure that in 100 years time people will look back in horror that it was used in this way!

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
It is factual that it DOES NOT WORK long term on 98% of patience...

With all due respect... nope. Alt-factual, at best.

In June 2016 several alternative health and conspiracy blogs published posts claiming that a Berkeley doctor had recently “blown the whistle” on chemotherapy as a treatment for cancer, revealing that it doesn’t work 97% of the time and is only recommended due to practitioner greed (i.e., oncologists get kickbacks from suppliers).

ba-dum-bum-CHING

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That being said, it's a pretty blunt instrument. I'm sure that in 100 years time people will look back in horror that it was used in this way!

During my treatment I mentioned to my consultant 'I really think that at some time in the future the medical profession will look back and regard this treatment as primitive'.

He replied that yes, probably, and that he hoped so.

Reaction score
Hi Dean, guess I must be one of the 2% then eh? as I underwent chemotherapy as part of my cancer treatment 10 years ago and I'm still here (or at least I was last time I looked).

There again, perhaps it was constituents in my tap water triggered by vapour trail fallout inhalation that cured my cancer.

And a lady friend of mine has just completed her chemo and radio therapies and has been cleared of breast cancer, she's 12 years younger than me. She's in remission for a while, obviously, but things are looking hopeful.
Oh thank goodness for that, I hope that it never returns. As I said I am not a doctor but I have lost about 8 family and friends in the last few years with cancer and all had chemo. My uncle has just been diagnosed also. My friends little boy (12) also was riddled with cancer about 12 months ago. He had several chemo treatments which I stayed in hospital with him for several and they scanned him and said it was all clear. Less than a year later it has all come back. Very sad.

Anyway I wish you all the best and I pray to God that your cancer never returns. Thank you for chatting with me and to all who have commented, all of these posts are interesting and hopefully one day soon there will be a 100% cure for this wretched disease.

Reaction score
Chemotherapy certainly seems to have its uses - it gave my mum a couple of extra years that she probably wouldn't have otherwise had (it was used to shrink her tumour, which meant it could be removed through surgery, but did eventually come back). The side effects weren't pleasant for her but they didn't last too long. It's true that it didn't last long term, but it extended her life and that was worth doing.

Yeh that is a blessing that at least you had extended time with your mum.

Ask a Question