The Bookmarklet Builder (for 1 line JavaScript)

BillR

The Bookmarklet Builder

Perhaps the best kept secret in JavaScript, bookmarklets are one-line
scripts attached to links that are easy to create and fun to use.
Create your own bookmarklets with our new interactive tool. By Tomer
Shiran.

http://webreference.com/js/column35/automatic.html

Writing a bookmarklet is a bit frustrating. First, you need to create
a temporary page with the desired javascript: link, so you can create
a bookmark for that link. Furthermore, you can only use one type of
quotes, due to quote alternation.

In order to make the process easier, we created a handy utility that
assists you in the process of creating bookmarklets. We won't discuss
the script that powers the Bookmarklet Builder, because it's beyond
the scope of this column. We'll just show you how to take advantage of
it. Before we start, load the Bookmarklet Builder. We suggest that you
create a bookmarklet for the Bookmarklet Builder, by making a bookmark
for the preceding link.

Now take a look at the Bookmarklet Builder. Enter the desired one-line
javascript: URL in the first field, and the name of the bookmarklet in
the second one. Then hit the Update button and notice the new link.
Simply create a bookmark out of that link, and your bookmarklet is
ready. Note that you will need a fourth generation browser for the
Bookmarklet Builder, because it utilizes Dynamic HTML.

We created the Bookmarklet Builder in a special way that enables you
to use both single and double quotes freely, as you would in any
normal script. You don't need to worry about the quotes in the link's
HREF attribute.

(All info from site)

Also see
Subject: Bookmarklets (Marklets, Favelet, Powercons) - Re: Link
grabber (Bert Hibbard) - Re: Web Page Info (David Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: 2003-08-29 15:27:38 PST

Bookmarklets (Marklets, Favelet, Powercons) - Browser empowerment via
javascript

Regards,
BillR

D F

The Bookmarklet Builder

Perhaps the best kept secret in JavaScript, bookmarklets are one-line
scripts attached to links that are easy to create and fun to use.
Create your own bookmarklets with our new interactive tool. By Tomer
Shiran.

http://webreference.com/js/column35/automatic.html

IMHO, the Bookmarklet Builder at:

http://www24.brinkster.com/bookmarklets/jsbuilder.htm

is much more powerful, and satisfying to use. It provides a text area
for editing the javascript, complete with FORMAT (for viewing the code
as several lines) and COMPRESS function (for readying the code to be
transferred to the Favorites link.

I agree with all the other comments about the frustrations of writing
Bookmarklets (however :))

Other BookMarklet links I have found useful are:

http://www.bookmarklets.com/ (The Mother of all BookMarklets ??)
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/ (Jessies' BookMarklets)