the best gameing lap top

Reaction score
hi all thinking off geeting a gameing laptop but which one 1. amd or p4 or p4 m 2. is bigger graphics card(ati256) in p4 better 3. m 2 gig cash with 512 ram or amd 3.4 >7 with amd 128 card 1050 ram

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Alienware sell good machines but there the biggest rip offs you'll find.
I'd agree with that. Style over content to the tune of at least £200-£300.00. Still, if you've got the money and you like the style.... be my guest ;)

Reaction score
thank so is amd 64 the best 4 games + as u poss red could not resist aldi offer so got 1 =p4.m.1.7. but still might get another(amd64)(ajp)

Reaction score
Just my two cents on this... I got a very very nice Katana 90 laptop from SavRow (www.savrow.com) - they offer it with both ATI X800 and NVIDIA 6800 Go (not sure but I think they are the only guys offering both options).

I got the X800 because I think that is the faster card - they fully benchmarked it for me before delivery and it is definitely more powerful than my old desktop. One other nice point was that when I booted up to windowsupdate the unit was fully updated to the day it was delivered.

Anyway they are not the cheapest on the market, but their standard spec was the top spec offered from MV and rock and I read a lot of great customer feedback. I went with them because they knew a hell of a lot more than the other guys and were more accessible - some of the MV guys I spoke to were really idiots and didn't know what they were on about, and the ROCK guy I spoke to called me 10 times in one week to push me to buy one of their units without any idea of delivery times. I spoke to Alienware once but right off the bat but they were really cagey about delivery times and I didn't like the idea of their warranty - one of my mates has now cancelled with them and ordered with SavRow...

And before you ask - I didn't get a painted one (you should see the photos, they do chromatic ones), but one of my friends did and they are amazing looking... You should see the looks he gets in LAN parties...

As for the point about not buying overpriced crap - I wholeheartedly agree, but I would say one thing that even the cheapest of these desk top replacement units are relatively expensive in the greater scheme of things I would rather buy expensive and once than cheap and thrice....

Sorry that this became more of a review than just 2 cents, but I guess I am very happy with the Katana I have and would definitely advise anyone to go with SavRow.

3D01 : 19,201 / 3D03 : 9204

Reaction score
Yeah :cool: (drooool)...

My mate said it took him about 40 minutes to notice the drool marks on his t-shirt.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah Savrow have been building quality pc's for a while now...if money is not a problem then they are probably the place to buy, i have heard some good things about them over the last 18 months or so, warranty and backup is supposedly very good...State of the art, and style is there forte' as long as you have deep pockets.........;)

Reaction score
what about the fujitsu siemens AMILO 1630 A enhanched model with the 64 bit 3700 cpu ?
they look good?
any thoughts on this model?

Ask a Question