Thai Keyboard

H

Handyman

I'm using Windows ME - English edition but would like to
be able to type Thai in E-mail, Word document etc. Is it
possible just to connect a Thai keyboard (not yet bought)
and type it away. If not possible, what can I do?

Many thanks

Y

Yves Leclerc

Not only do you need a THAI keyboard, but you will need to add THAI keyboard
layout in Windows.

Y.

M

Mike Hall

You are posting in an XP newsgroup which is not helping your cause any.. and
as far as I am aware, just adding a Thai keyboard will not help you.. you
would also think that you need a word processor in the language required
that has the ability to type from right to left..

G

Handyman
I'm typing this on a Thai Kedmanee keyboard (I'm a Brit) that I bought in Pantip Plaza for I think about ฿300 on a previous trip to Thailand. I just installed the Internet Explorer Thai language pack and the Input language stuff and away we went.... my partner (with her own user profile) sends and receives eMails with her neice back home in Thai language and I use UK English as I only speak Thai and can't yet read and write it

Best Regards, Andre

PS Mike, Thai is a left to right language and apart from the very small default text size works conventionaly in Office XP, Notepad and Internet Explorer (Hotmail) etc

G

Handyman
I forgot to mention that the keyboard switch is Alt+Shift as took me a while of playing before I discovered that! I would switch users from my partners profile and then it wouldn't recognise my password because it would still be in Thai at the login screen but Alt+Shift fixes that and we coexist just fine, the only other thing is that the Thai Kedmanee keyboard is based on the US English layout so that \@"~ are moved around from a normal (for me) UK English layout

Regards, Andrew

Ask a Question