Text too long to be edited

Reaction score
First hello everyone.

What I'm trying to do is compare two identical table with different data ( basic ms access table). I need to be able to search for a plan number in the new table and see if it was there in the old table. I need to see only the one that are not there in the old table.

The problem is that the specified plan can be in any of 17 field in both table, it won't allways be in the same field in both table.

You can see below what I'm trying to setup in the query grid wich return text to long...

The query it self does what I want it to do but I can't make it search in all the 17 field.

The criteria is entered in all of the 17 fields of the Rapplan_new table as a "Or" for each fields.

if I don't add the [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ3] Is Null) the query doesn't work.

If you know a way I could make it sorter or if I can make a vb script that will do the job it would be much appreciated.

Like "*" &
Code:
 & "*" And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ3] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ3] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ4] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ4] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ5] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ5] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ6] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ6] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ7] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ7] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ8] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ8] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ9] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ9] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ10] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ10] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ11] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ11] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ12] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ12] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ13] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ13] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ14] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ14] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ15] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ15] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ16] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ16] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ17] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ17] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ18] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ18] Is Null) And (Not Like [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ19] Or [RAPPLAN_anc]![Champ19] Is Null)

Ask a Question