Technical USB question

J

Jeff Nibler

Hi all. I am trying to connect multiple external devices to a PDA. The PDA is an Ipaq which has a proprietary connect. You can get a cable for it that terminates into USB. I don't know how USB handles addressing etc, but I am wondering if I could then plug the USB connector into a USB hub, and then plug the two devices into that? To throw an extra layer of complexity into the mix, what if the two devices I connected to the USB hub were not USB devices... rather they were serial port devices that have a USB adapter on them? Make sense?

Thanks in advance for any info.

M

Michael Culley

To get usb devices to work on a PDA they need to be 'PDA friendly'. If they are then it should work.

--
Michael Culley

Hi all. I am trying to connect multiple external devices to a PDA. The PDA is an Ipaq which has a proprietary connect. You can get a
cable for it that terminates into USB. I don't know how USB handles addressing etc, but I am wondering if I could then plug the USB
connector into a USB hub, and then plug the two devices into that? To throw an extra layer of complexity into the mix, what if the
two devices I connected to the USB hub were not USB devices... rather they were serial port devices that have a USB adapter on them?
Make sense?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Ask a Question