TClock(*not* TClockex) - full version not available from home page

JP Loken

Re: Most used Freeware Programs? Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:19:58 -0700
John Corliss wrote in acf
"TClock (*not* TClockex) http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclock/"

The only version available there is the inferior TClock Light.
The link to the older, full versions of TClock are dead.

From http://www.nctcug.org/recmtgs.html (reporting from a meeting):
"... Bill said, "Although the author mentions a "TClock Light" version for
XP, there were a lot of unprintable characters my browser could not
handle. I'm not sure what would be better with "TClock Light" unless
Kazubon stripped the taskbar functionality out of the original program and
made it a clock-program only. My "old version" of v2.2.8 works fine on XP
and should be the one listed on the URL page as TC98228E.zip."..."

I found the last full version here:
http://www.3cpu.net/downloads.html#tc (scroll all the way down)

A review well worth reading here:
http://www.buzzys.net/tclock.html

NOTE:
There's a newer version 2.31 beta(010223en.zip).
According to the review by Buzzy and readers of neowin.net it should work
OK.

*Can somebody provide a link to this one, please?*

John Corliss

From http://www.nctcug.org/recmtgs.html (reporting from a meeting):
"... Bill said, "Although the author mentions a "TClock Light" version
for XP, there were a lot of unprintable characters my browser could not
handle. I'm not sure what would be better with "TClock Light" unless
Kazubon stripped the taskbar functionality out of the original program
and made it a clock-program only. My "old version" of v2.2.8 works fine
on XP and should be the one listed on the URL page as TC98228E.zip."..."

I found the last full version here:
http://www.3cpu.net/downloads.html#tc (scroll all the way down)

A review well worth reading here:
http://www.buzzys.net/tclock.html

NOTE:
There's a newer version 2.31 beta(010223en.zip).
According to the review by Buzzy and readers of neowin.net it should
work OK.

*Can somebody provide a link to this one, please?*

I just verified that the download link at
http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclock/ doesn't work. You might try
TClock2 instead:

http://www.shii.org/tclock/

I downloaded it and am running it (after a virii scan came up clean) as
I type this. It's about the same as version one except that it has a
calendar like TClockEx.

Note: neither TClock nor TClock2 are being developed further at this time.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)

JP Loken

På Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:29:58 +0200, skrev John Corliss
TClock2 instead:

http://www.shii.org/tclock/

I downloaded it and am running it (after a virii scan came up clean) as
I type this. It's about the same as version one except that it has a
calendar like TClockEx.

Note: neither TClock nor TClock2 are being developed further at this
time.

Thanks.
I will try it. :)

JP Loken

På Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:27:27 +0200, skrev Vrodok the Troll
Once Upon A Time (on Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:30:10 +0200), in
alt.comp.freeware,
"JP Loken" <[email protected]>, by way of Message-id

What, exactly, are you looking for?

TClock version 2.31 beta. The name of the file is 010223en.zip.

John Corliss

JP said:
John Corliss wrote:

Thanks.
I will try it. :)

I've now been using it for a day, and it runs nicely. It also will allow
you to change several aspects of the Taskbar:

1. Once it's running, you right click on the date an time and select
"TClock2 Properties"
2. In the windows that opens, click on the "Taskbar" tab.

This allows you to change all kinds of things in the Taskbar like
transparency, for instance.

Did I mention that, like TClock, this program doesn't require
installation? Simply unzip it into a folder of your choice and create a
shortcut from the executable. I always put that shortcut in the
Programs/Startup folder on the Start Menu so that the program starts
with Windows.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)
or Roger Johansson, for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial
software, crippleware, demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware,
spyware, time-limited software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

Vrodok the Piglet lover

Once Upon A Time (on Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:18:37 +1000), in alt.comp.freeware,
by way of Message-id said:
Read the subject slowly.

Read the text I snipped out (shouldn't be too difficult; I include msg-id's
with all my posts), then look at my question, afterwards re-consider asking
your question.
--
Don't trust TinyURL links posted into Usenet?
If so, then go to "TinyURL Lookup", @

Web-browsing & Trojans got you down?
Firefox (<http://www.mozilla.com/>), along with
its' JButton v0.1 (<http://tinyurl.com/lw2y4> &
<http://tinyurl.com/nzg6t>) extension, will take
care of switching Javascript & Java in and out,
quite easily.
Another *extremely* good extension for
Firefox, to install is "NoScript"
(<http://tinyurl.com/qhdnd>,
<http://tinyurl.com/ne9kq>, &
<http://tinyurl.com/85k3z>).

Nervous about "Interesting times"? If so, then
browse <http://survivalblog.com/>

What a hobby for a grown Troll with my IQ...

Jondy Lister

*Can somebody provide a link to this one, please?*
Read the text I snipped out (shouldn't be too difficult; I include
msg-id's
with all my posts), then look at my question, afterwards re-consider
asking
your question.

He's looking for TClock -- just as the subject says. <Rolls eyes>.

David Cox

På Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:30:10 +0200, skrev JP Loken
<[email protected]>:

Thanks, everybody.
I settled for TClock2.

Note: The choice "No desktop icon text" in TClock2 is irreversible.

JP,

I've been using Tclock2 since January 2006, never had any problems with it.
I like the ability to change some settings with the task bar and desktop.
IMHO, it's a good program to have.

YMMV....

David

Vrodok the Piglet lover

Once Upon A Time (on Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:33:48 +1000), in
by way of Message-id said:
He's looking for TClock -- just as the subject says. <Rolls eyes>.

You asked for it; you got it (some people never learn, and/or don't
know when to quit).

<quote>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:30:10 +0200
Subject: TClock(*not* TClockex) - full version not available from home
page
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
From: "JP Loken" <[email protected]>

From http://www.nctcug.org/recmtgs.html (reporting from a meeting):
[...]

</quote>

Confusing, isn't it, little Jody?

Now go and stick it up your pretty little bum sideways.

--
Don't trust TinyURL links posted into Usenet?
If so, then go to "TinyURL Lookup", @
http://www.daveltd.com/bin/tinylookup.cgi

Web-browsing & Trojans got you down?
Firefox (<http://www.mozilla.com/>), along with
its' JButton v0.1 (<http://tinyurl.com/lw2y4> &
<http://tinyurl.com/nzg6t>) extension, will take
care of switching Javascript & Java in and out,
quite easily.
Another *extremely* good extension for
Firefox, to install is "NoScript"
(<http://tinyurl.com/qhdnd>,
<http://tinyurl.com/ne9kq>, &
<http://tinyurl.com/85k3z>).

Nervous about "Interesting times"? If so, then
browse <http://survivalblog.com/>

What a hobby for a grown Troll with my IQ...

Jondy Lister

He's looking for TClock. <Rolls eyes again>.