Tax on Postage function needed

Johncobb45

I use Microsoft Excel for writing invoices.
In the standard invoice, Tax (GST) on Shipping and Handling is not
calculated and added to the total.
I want someone to fix this, so Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be
calculated and added on Postage and Handling in the total amount.
At present, Shipping and Handling is set fixed. I want to be able to
enter diferent amount each time without going to Customize Page and
setting it there.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,
John

PS: Below I have included the xls file. It is a bit
messy.
Tax Invoice No. 2089
ABN:

Name: Date 11/01/2006
Address: Order No.
City: Karuah NSW 2324 Rep
Phone: FOB

Qty Description Unit Price TOTAL

6 Anti Snoring Blend (Aromatherapy 100% essential
oils) $18.00 $108.00

SubTotal $108.00
Shipping & Handling $7.50
Taxes GST $10.80
TOTAL $126.30

Roger Govier

Hi John

From your example GST looks like it is set to 10%. If it is the same
rate for Postage as for goods, then amend the formula in the cell
holding the GST value.
At the moment it will be saying something like =D20*10%
Change it to =(D20+D21)*10% where D20 represents the cell holding sub
total, and D21 holds the postage cost.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Johncobb45" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Johncobb45

Thanks for your help Roger. Well done.

I still cant get one more thing.
When I want to insert an amount in Shipping and Handling field the
system shows me the following message: "SHIPPING CHARGE - To add a
shipping charge, click the 'Customize' button above and change the
information in the 'Specify Default Invoice Information Here..' box".
When I go to CUSTOMIZE YOUR INVOICE page there is nothing in the
"Shipping Charge" field.
I don't see how can I customize it. There are no options.
Can you help me with this one please?
I want this field/cell to be empty not preset with some amount because
each time i post an item the postage is diferent.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards,
John K.

Roger Govier

Hi John

Surely you must be clicking in the wrong field. It must be a numeric
field if it is being used as part of the overall total, or it has to be
a formula, pulling a value from another cell.
Try the field to the right of the one you have been attempting to alter.
If you are still having problems, mail me a copy of the file direct( not
via the NG) and I will take a look.

Remove NOSPAM from my address to send direct
roger@ NOSPAM technology4u.co.uk

--
Regards

Roger Govier