From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Task Scheduler
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 01:46:07 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

A task is setup to run as follows

Schedule

Daily at 7:00 A

Every 1 day(s

Settings

Stop the task if it runs for: 2 hours(s

I want the task to start only once a day and if it is not finished after 2 hours I want it to stop

The consequence of this setup is however that the task restarts automatically if it has not been finished by 2 hours. These
restarts continues through the day

Does anyone know how to do the setup to work in the way I want it to work

---

In the properties of the scheduled task on the Schedule tab click the Advanced button, which should be to the right of Daily
and 7:00AM. On this dialog make sure the "Repeat task" option is not selected.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.