Task manager outlook plugin?

J

Jesse

While I know outlook ships with a task list, I find it a little cumbersome.

I will out line a sort of pie in the sky version of what would help me best for work, and maybe people can offer suggestions if there are programs/plugins like this somewhere.

I get different assignments or inquiries via email and I would like to create a task based on those emails, then on subsequent email correspondance related to a certain task I would like to "drag and drop" those emails into this task. I would prefer these just be copies of emails so that the originals are still in their folder structure for archiving.

This way, I would like to be able to pull up a window and see what my active "tasks" are - and be able to click on them like a folder and open up all of the messages, documents, pictures etc. associated with this task. When the task is complete I would like to mark that, so it is still in my task history but it doesn't come up when I hit "Show my active tasks" or some such.

I realize that might not have been the best description (certainly doesnt rival the picture I have in my head) but if anyone has any ideas for something like this let me know. Even if it is external software that costs, I could justify paying for it for the time it would save, rather than searching up emails form 6 months ago related to something I'm working on now.

Thanks,

Jesse

D

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

There aren't any task add-ins that work like that, AFAIK.

Do you need tasks or just need to find things easier? Have you tried
journaling?

J

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Have a look at Office OneNote as it may be more to your liking. You can
capture all types of data and manage it in limitless ways.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au
Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 users should change"
on my website.

Ask a Question