tankiu

matteo max paolini

Da: "Jen Scott" <[email protected]>
Oggetto: Export from specs not working properly
Data: venerdì 24 aprile 2009 18.26

I'm exporting a fixed width file from a query I created and have specified
how many characters I want each column to be. When I export the data, it
keeps putting spaces between two of my columns, and I've double checked my
specs to make sure I'm asking each of the columns to be the proper width.
Why would it put a column of spaces where they don't belong if the specs are
right?

I want the data to look like this:

123456789@@@P1BATC22945000400134501013450201-450
123456999@@@P1BATC22945000400134501013450201-450

But it exports all of the rows like this: (with the same number of spaces
between the 3 and the 4 in each row)

123456789@@@P1BATC22945000400134501013 450201-450
123456999@@@P1BATC22945000400134501013 450201-450

Jerry Whittle

What kind of data is in the fields before and after the spaces? You man need
to convert numbers to a string with the CStr function and possibly use a
format function.

Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View
and copy and past it here. Also describe which fields are causing the problem.