Tabs v.Pages

DarklyCute1

I had found out how to add up the values of a page and have them tota
on a different page - but I forgot :rolleyes:.
I havge 72 different categories with 8 sub categories related (peopl
to say vacation days), each once in a tab with 12 tabs. How to I ad
each subcategory onto a total page but still have it related to th
same person on the same total page

Roger Govier

Hi

Do you mean
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet12!B2)
which would add cell B2 from each of the sheets between sheet1 and
sheet12 inclusive.
Or maybe
=SUM(Jan:Dec!B2) if you have names your tabs as months.
I like to create 2 extra dummy sheets for this task which I name as
First and Last and drag these to a position which encompasses the range
of sheets I wish to sum.
Then on my Summary Sheet (which is outside of the "sandwich created by
First and Last) the formula is then
=SUM(First:Last!B2)

Dragging Last to different positions, then allows the same formula to
sum different numbers of months (if required).

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"DarklyCute1" <[email protected]>