Tables, not reaching right & bottom of browser windows

G

I've seen some similar questions, but noting specific to the right and bottom browser windows

Using FP200
I'm working with some very anti-MS programmers, so I'm trying to keep the FP code bloat minimal by rewriting the site without templates, boarders, etc
In trying to recreate the sites framing using tables, I seem unable to get the tables to run to the edges of the browser windows

When viewing in FP preview... all is well
When viewing published in IE, I can refresh the page and suddenly the tables (framing) run right off the edges (right & bottom) as desired, but this does not occur as the default
When viewing published in Mozilla.. this issue continues, regardless of refresh (reload)

I've tried to set the entire table height to 100%, but that seems to stretch out existing cells and I lose the framing structure (can I lock specifici cel within a % marked table to cells?
Any guidence is greatly appreciated
BTW.. been using FP since 97, but never had to dig so hard to keep these anti-MS guys happy
Thanks.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

It can be done, may require using nested table, but in any case, it does take some effort.

Make sure you have added your margin tags to the body tag

Make sure that all </td> tags are on the same line, as the last item in the cell.

Example: http://www.ourcondo.com

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Pepe said:
I've seen some similar questions, but noting specific to the right and bottom browser windows.

Using FP2002
I'm working with some very anti-MS programmers, so I'm trying to keep the FP code bloat minimal by
rewriting the site without templates, boarders, etc.
In trying to recreate the sites framing using tables, I seem unable to get the tables to run to
the edges of the browser windows.
When viewing in FP preview... all is well.
When viewing published in IE, I can refresh the page and suddenly the tables (framing) run right
off the edges (right & bottom) as desired, but this does not occur as the default.
When viewing published in Mozilla.. this issue continues, regardless of refresh (reload).

I've tried to set the entire table height to 100%, but that seems to stretch out existing cells
and I lose the framing structure (can I lock specifici cel within a % marked table to cells?)

C

chris leeds

I think you'll need to set the margins (either through a .css or in
FrontPage you can just right click/ page properties/ borders/ set at 0).

HTH

--
The email address on this posting is a "black hole". I got tired of all the
spam.
Please feel free to contact me here:
http://nedp.net/contact/
--

Pepe said:
I've seen some similar questions, but noting specific to the right and bottom browser windows.

Using FP2002
I'm working with some very anti-MS programmers, so I'm trying to keep the
FP code bloat minimal by rewriting the site without templates, boarders,
etc.
In trying to recreate the sites framing using tables, I seem unable to get
the tables to run to the edges of the browser windows.
When viewing in FP preview... all is well.
When viewing published in IE, I can refresh the page and suddenly the
tables (framing) run right off the edges (right & bottom) as desired, but
this does not occur as the default.
When viewing published in Mozilla.. this issue continues, regardless of refresh (reload).

I've tried to set the entire table height to 100%, but that seems to
stretch out existing cells and I lose the framing structure (can I lock
specifici cel within a % marked table to cells?)

G

Appreciate the assist... got me back on the right track
I couldn't find any menu options to adjust the margins on the right or bottom
Reviewing the HTML it dawned on me that there were margin entries for the top and left, and I'd already set those to "0"

Doh! Manually added to the entry: leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0" topmargin="0

Problem solved in both IE and `Zilla
Thanks guys!

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Also add for the NN browser
marginheight=0 and marginwidth=0

--

| Appreciate the assist... got me back on the right track.
| I couldn't find any menu options to adjust the margins on the right or bottom.
| Reviewing the HTML it dawned on me that there were margin entries for the top and left, and I'd already set those to "0".
|
| Doh! Manually added to the entry: leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0" topmargin="0"
|
| Problem solved in both IE and `Zilla.
| Thanks guys!

Ask a Question