Tables in Netscape browser

vsaunders

When I create tables in FrontPage I use the "white" color
for all the borders (for a page with white background). In
IE, the borders don't show, but in Netscape, you can see
the borders (borders are a grayish color). Is there any
way to make the borders invisible in Netscape? Thanks for
your help.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

rather than set a color at all, just set the border to 0
(unless you want white?)

| When I create tables in FrontPage I use the "white" color
| for all the borders (for a page with white background). In
| IE, the borders don't show, but in Netscape, you can see
| the borders (borders are a grayish color). Is there any
| way to make the borders invisible in Netscape? Thanks for
| your help.

Murray

Netscape will only do dark borders when using the <table> tag's border
attribute.

If you want white borders, you can use CSS, however....

table { border:1px solid #FFF; }

which will give you a 1px solid white border around your tables in
Netscape6+.

In NN4x, you cannot get this at all, except by nesting two tables. Make the
outer table have a cellpadding of 1px, a white background, and a single
cell. Make the inner table have whatever you need for content, with
whatever background color. Now it will have a 1 px wide border.

--
Murray

(unless you want white?)