Table of Contents Help

Joe Rocchio

Is it possible to create a Table of Content from "hidden" fields withi
the text body. In other words, I'd like to organize my table t
contents (and my document) by fields/styles that will not be displaye
in the text body. In the example below, I only want Heading 4 to be i
the text but I need Headings 1-3 in the TOC. Is there a way to inser
field/style for headings 1-3 yet keep them in the background outsid
the field of view?

Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 3
Heading

Joe Rocchio

Thanks, Suzanne!

TC fields are Hidden text.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Joe Rocchio" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Is it possible to create a Table of Content from "hidden" field
within
the text body. In other words, I'd like to organize my table to
contents (and my document) by fields/styles that will not b
displayed
in the text body. In the example below, I only want Heading 4 to b
in
the text but I need Headings 1-3 in the TOC. Is there a way to insert
field/style for headings 1-3 yet keep them in the background outside
the field of view?

Heading 1
Heading 2
Heading 3