Tab indexing on a form with frame boxes

Phrank

Good evening,

I have a workbook with three forms, and I'm trying to set the tab
indexes. On each of the forms, I have two or three frames with check
boxes and option buttons within the frame. I've set the TabIndex of
the Frame to the appropriate value in order, and then I've ordered the
controls within the form starting over at 0. However, when I use the
form and when I tab to the control within a frame, it doesn't select
the control. Any ideas? Thanks.

Frank

Jim Cone

Is the TabStop property of the controls set to True?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Good evening,

I have a workbook with three forms, and I'm trying to set the tab
indexes. On each of the forms, I have two or three frames with check
boxes and option buttons within the frame. I've set the TabIndex of
the Frame to the appropriate value in order, and then I've ordered the
controls within the form starting over at 0. However, when I use the
form and when I tab to the control within a frame, it doesn't select
the control. Any ideas? Thanks.

Frank

Phrank

Yes. I've looked through all the other controls too, and I can't see
any that may affect this. It just doesn't make sense.

Phrank

The controls are option buttons and check boxes. Yes, each of these
controls has a label, and I've checked, and each tabstop option is set
to false.

Jim Cone

The Option buttons and Check boxes should have the "Tabstop" set to True.
Also, you may be confusing a caption on a control with a Label Control.
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

The controls are option buttons and check boxes. Yes, each of these
controls has a label, and I've checked, and each tabstop option is set
to false.

Phrank

Everything is set to True. As for the label control, I added those
too, and I'm certain they are properly set. I just checked every
single control once again. Frustrating.

Jim Cone

One more ...
Select each frame and make sure the "cycle" property is set
to "fmCycleAllForms" and make sure the "enabled" property
is set to True for the frames and controls.
--
Jim Cone

"Phrank" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Everything is set to True. As for the label control, I added those
too, and I'm certain they are properly set. I just checked every
single control once again. Frustrating.

Phrank

Yep, both set correctly. I also copied the form to another workbook
just to check to see if there was some anomoly with the current
workbook, and it was the same thing. I even deleted the frame and
controls and tried adding things back one at a time, and I simply
can't get the controls within the frame to take the focus. Oh, you
can tell the tab is stopping on the control because, I have 5 objects
in the frame, and I have to hit the tab 5 times to 'pass through' the
frame to the next tabbed object. It's just not taking the focus. I
appreciate your continued help with this.

Frank

Jim Cone

Frank,
I am out of ideas, except...
Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you could
simply eliminate the Frames and replace them with a label
with a transparent background and an etched border.
The result looks exactly the same. Good luck with it.
Jim Cone