System Tray Icon: Desktop?

G

Is there a desktop icon that can be placed in the system tray? I would like
to view files/folders on the desktop without closing all the open windows I
am using. If so, where would it be, how do I get it there. Using Windows XP

B

Bill James

Well, not in the system tray but you can add it to the tool bar. Just right click and select toolbars, then desktop. If it isn't created as just a label, you can drag the edge to the right (may have to unlock the task bar first) until just the name shows, then you will have a little double arrow you can click on which will give you a popup menu for all items on the desktop.

You can do that with any folder as far as that goes, but for the non-standard ones you select new toolbar and browse to the folder.

G

Thank you sooooo much.

Bill James said:
Well, not in the system tray but you can add it to the tool bar. Just right click and select toolbars, then desktop. If it isn't created as just a label, you can drag the edge to the right (may have to unlock the task bar first) until just the name shows, then you will have a little double arrow you can click on which will give you a popup menu for all items on the desktop.

You can do that with any folder as far as that goes, but for the non-standard ones you select new toolbar and browse to the folder.

Ask a Question