System time crazy and GIF, Flash also!! Help!!!

G

My computer has a very strange problem, it was the issue since my previous Win XP home, but after a new installation, it still exists. The strange problem is about the system time, it gains suddenly sometimes, let's say it just looks like the system runs 10 seconds in a "real time" 6 seconds, it's too fast and I'm getting crazy of it!

Once the system time running gains, the speed of playing GIF and Flash movies gain also, i'm just feeling like everything of my system especially when visiting a website flashing around me, and I really don't like this feeling.

The system time changes to normal automatically when a reboot sometimes, even I don't set the time manually, so it seems not the problem of my motherboard

I have given a test, when the system time runs 30 minutes beyond the real time, I rebooted my system and entered into CMOS, I found the time in the CMOS works perfectly, and it is the really time. And when I enter into Win XP, the time changed to normal time running speed

Some time reboot doesn't fix the issue, so It's really annoying.

Sorry of my poor English, but pls help me how to fix this problem?

ps: I've done a search here, and found this method

1. Start->Run cmd.ex
2. net stop w32tim
3. w32tm.exe /unregiste
4. w32tm.exe /registe
5. net start w32tim

since the time is running at this moment, I will give it a try when it go crazy. But I don't know if it fixes the issue. Thanks.

G

Your system is being overclocked. Go into the BIOS to reset it to its manufacturers specs
This problem may also be caused by a higher speed RAM chip in slot #1
Have you upgraded your RAM lately?

G

No, my system is not overclocked, it's under its manufacturers specs
My RAM chip? May be.. let me have a look at it.. I'm using DDR333 PC2700.

Ask a Question