Windows XP system restore

Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas why my system restore doesn`t seem to work, it creates restore points but when they are selected it goes through the motions, windows log off and back on again seems to load the selected files then says that the selected date restore point could not be loaded, it does this with both user defined restore points and system generated ones, i`ve checked and the system restore option is activated

Reaction score
try going back a few days rather than weeks/months

see if that is any better :)

Reaction score
System Restore problem

I am having the same problem, along with a simultaneous problem with Outlook Express in which I can receive messages but can not send. I hoped that System Restore would solve the Outlook Express problem.
How did you solve your System Restore problem?
Thanks.

Reaction score
vbainton said:
I am having the same problem, along with a simultaneous problem with Outlook Express in which I can receive messages but can not send. I hoped that System Restore would solve the Outlook Express problem.
How did you solve your System Restore problem?
Thanks.

check your secrity settings if your trying to send a link etc alot of security progs block scripts etc
check your internet settings if your not sure check your isp,s homepage
am guessing you,d b looking for smtp settings
i know tiscali and wanadoo provide all settings for ms e-mail progs
good luck:)

Ask a Question