System Restore won't!!

Tony CLARKE

Why won't my System Restore work. I choose the
appropriate restore point..it goes through the motions
then tells me it can't restore to that point!

I have tried closing System Restore, rebooting, switching
it back on, etc. and it still won't work.

Any ideas anyone will be most appreciated!

there could be a number of reasons for this. is the mem set to full on sys restore? do you run any cleanup programs that might be deleting your backup? what happened that you needed to use it?

Mem is set to Max; No cleanup program run and I wanted
to restore because I had lost a facility in IE6 which
operates when wrong/bad URL address is given.