From: =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?= <[email protected]>
Subject: System.MethodMissingException Problem
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:51:07 -0800

I have created a smart device application in vb.net for use on a Pocket PC
2002 device. This application will be used for inventory control purposes.
I have written the first form of the project and started some testing to
make sure the database connection was set up correctly. The form is
comprised of three text box's and a button. The text boxes were set up to
execute code that would access the database from the textchanged event.
When the event fires this exception is thrown:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred in
System.Windows.Forms.dll.

This is apparently thrown before any code is executed though. I tested
this by placing a msgbox at the beginning of the event and the exception
was thrown and the msgbox did not display. If I take all of the code out
of the event the program doesn't throw the exception. I have tried
executing code from a combobox event with the same results. Does anyone
know what could be causing this error?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Robert

I'm have exactly the same problem, I discover that when the only code you have inside a form is a button and a try catch block with a msgbox that error is rised.

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

try
msgbox ("Hello")
Catch ex as Exception
msgbox ("Error")
End Try

End Sub

The exception System.MethodMissingException is rised before any code is executed, the problem don't appear on other Desktop PC.

If the MethodMissingException throws only with a try catch block on the form_Load event, try making a new smartproject "Windows CE" not PocketPC and then run it, if the error is not raised then do the same but with a PocketPc 2002 project, It works for me.