System.MethodMissingException Problem

G

I have created a smart device application in vb.net for use on a Pocket PC 2002 device. This application will be used for inventory control purposes. I have written the first form of the project and started some testing to make sure the database connection was set up correctly. The form is comprised of three text box's and a button. The text boxes were set up to execute code that would access the database from the textchanged event. When the event fires this exception is thrown

An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred in System.Windows.Forms.dll

This is apparently thrown before any code is executed though. I tested this by placing a msgbox at the beginning of the event and the exception was thrown and the msgbox did not display. If I take all of the code out of the event the program doesn't throw the exception. I have tried executing code from a combobox event with the same results. Does anyone know what could be causing this error

Thanks in advance for any help
Robert

B

Brian Smith [MSFT]

Does this problem also occur if you run your application within the
emulator or only on a real device?
Thanks

--------------------
Thread-Topic: System.MethodMissingException Problem
Subject: System.MethodMissingException Problem
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:51:07 -0800

I have created a smart device application in vb.net for use on a Pocket PC
2002 device. This application will be used for inventory control purposes.
I have written the first form of the project and started some testing to
make sure the database connection was set up correctly. The form is
comprised of three text box's and a button. The text boxes were set up to
execute code that would access the database from the textchanged event.
When the event fires this exception is thrown:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred in
System.Windows.Forms.dll.

This is apparently thrown before any code is executed though. I tested
this by placing a msgbox at the beginning of the event and the exception
was thrown and the msgbox did not display. If I take all of the code out
of the event the program doesn't throw the exception. I have tried
executing code from a combobox event with the same results. Does anyone
know what could be causing this error?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

G

I'm have exactly the same problem, I discover that when the only code you have inside a form is a button and a try catch block with a msgbox that error is rised.

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

try
msgbox ("Hello")
Catch ex as Exception
msgbox ("Error")
End Try

End Sub

The exception System.MethodMissingException is rised before any code is executed, the problem don't appear on other Desktop PC.

G

If the MethodMissingException throws only with a try catch block on the form_Load event, try making a new smartproject "Windows CE" not PocketPC and then run it, if the error is not raised then do the same but with a PocketPc 2002 project, It works for me.

Ask a Question