Windows 7 System intermittently slow, low CPU , RAM usage

Reaction score
I recently got my laptop formatted, with fresh Windows 7 and Office 2010
It runs pretty fast in general, but after working on it for sometime, it suddenly slows down a lot, including response from num lock, caps lock keys. If I open task manager I can see that the CPU usage is less than 20% and RAM usage is about 60%, and the computer doesn't feel hot either. I then logoff, and it seems to work well for sometime, maybe an hour, maybe 10 hours, before it goes into that mode again.
The antivirus I'm using it McAfee. I am out of clue on what might be happening.

Reaction score
I think the Operating System is not stabe, it should be re-installed. That should solve your problem.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What is using the CPU? As in what process?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Try uninstalling McCaffee and installing one of these freebies instead: Avast, Antivir or Microsoft Security Essentials.

If that solves the problem ditch McCaffee. If it doesn't then if you liked McCaffee you can uninstall whatever AV software replaced it and reinstall it.

It's possible McCaffee is auto tasking and is slowing the computer down.

It's also worth scanning your machine for viruses and malware, a freebie software ap named Malwarebytes is good for Malware detection.

No guarantees what I've suggested will work but it's worth a shot. Good luck.

Ask a Question