sysprep

Stephan

Brian,
Download the following -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/servicepac
ks/sp1/deploytools.asp
-Stephan
-----Original Message-----
I am having troubles finding clear documentation on how to create a sysprep
image. I know how to use sysprep and have used it successfully many times.
But what I want to do is reduce the amount of images that I have, I want to
have just a few images, so when I deploy it, it will detect the hardware on
the destination machine as it may differ from the master
image.

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

Brian,

Sysprep images are limited to the HAL type. So you should do a normal
install on each model machine you have and note the HAL. From that you can
determine the # of images you will need. Here is a list of the HAL types

Standard PC NON-ACPI PIC Requires a separate image

MPS Uniprocessor NON-ACPI APIC UP You can create a single image to account
for both of these HAL'S
MPS Multiprocessor NON-ACPI APIC MP

Advanced Configuration.. ACPI PIC Requires a separate image

ACPI Uniprocessor ACPI APIC UP You can create a single image to account
for both of these HAL'S
ACPI Multiprocessor ACPI APIC MP

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support