Sysprep XP SP2

ThaMachineRNC

Hello,

I'm in the process of building a desktop image for multiple IDE-based
systems. The image must work with a variety of notebook and desktop
computers. I've run into a couple of issues. Sysprep using the -PNP
feature will detect all devices, but will prompt on a few saying that the
driver is not certified by Microsoft and could cause problems, blah blah
blah.

Cisco Systems Deterministic Network Enhancer
Dell TrueMobile 1450 WLAN Driver
S3 Savage Video

I'd like to know if there is a way to make XP ignore this when using
Sysprep. I have a line in the Unattended section
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore and that doesn't seem to help. Using -PNP will
make the installation happen before the first login, but I'd like to go full
unattend and not get prompted during Mini-Setup.

Is there registry trick I can do on the base image that will allow the
install of non-signed drivers during mini-setup?

Thanks.

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please see the SYSPREP -pnp parameter as detailed below.

-pnp (description)

Runs the full Plug and Play device enumeration and installation of previous
devices during Mini-Setup. This command-line parameter has no effect if the
first-run experience is Windows Welcome.

Use the -pnp command-line parameter only when you must detect and install
previous, non-Plug and Play devices. Do not use the sysprep -pnp
command-line parameter on computers that only use Plug and Play devices.
Otherwise, you will increase the time that it takes for the first-run
experience without providing any additional benefit to the user.

Note When unsigned drivers are unavoidable, use the
UpdateInstalledDrivers=yes parameter in conjunction with OemPnPDriversPath=
and DriverSigningPolicy=ignore instead of the -pnp command-line parameter
to provide a more seamless installation.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
- - From: "ThaMachineRNC" <[email protected]>
- - Subject: Sysprep XP SP2
- - Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:20:48 -0400
- -
- - Hello,
- -
[...]

Where should the remarked be placed? The unattended sections looks as
below.

[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes
DriverSigningPolicy=Ingore
UpdateInstalledDrivers=Yes
OemPnPDriversPath=ALL PATHS LISTED HERE
TargetPath=\WINNT

I still get a message stating:

"The software you are installing for this hardware <<Insert Name Here>> has
not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatability with Windows XP.
<<Warning explanation paragraph>> Do you want to continue installing the
software for this hardware?

Any ideas?

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please try this

1. Copy the latest driver from hardware vendor to c:\drivers\nic
2. In your sysprep.inf have this
OemPnPDriversPath=drivers\nic

Note: Do not use the pnp switch with sysprep command

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
- - From: "ThaMachineRNC" <[email protected]>
- - Subject: Re: Sysprep XP SP2
- - Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:54:25 -0400
- -
[...]
- - - - > Hi,
- - >
[...]
- - > --------------------
- - > - - From: "ThaMachineRNC" <[email protected]>
- - > - - Subject: Sysprep XP SP2
- - > - - Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:20:48 -0400
- - > - -
- - > - - Hello,
- - > - -
[...]

Figured it out. I found higher versions of drivers that I needed and also
load version 4.03c of the Cisco client. XP just probably doesn't like the
3.6 version.

Thanks for the tip about UpdateInstalledDrivers, it does make the mini-setup
a bit faster than when using -pnp.

Ashokan Achari said:
[...]

- - From: "ThaMachineRNC" <[email protected]>
- - Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:20:48 -0400
- -
- - Hello,
- -
[...]

Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hardware Support Tech

Try adding this line to your Unattended section in your sysprep.inf

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore