Sysprep not installing drivers???

Richard Perry

I am new to sysprep, and I am haivng a heck of a time getting any drivers to
load. I have a Dell GX270 which I have installed Win2K, but no drivers. I
then use setupmgr to create the sysprep.inf file. I import the drivers for
this particular model (until I get the process down, then I will expand to
other models).

So far, it appears that the setup.inf is being read as the mini-setup is
automated and performs as expected. However, the part that is messing me up
is that the drivers are not being installed. Any ideas on what my problem
is?

I have created the following directory structure:
c:\sysprep
c:\sysprep\drivers
c:\sysprep\drivers\audio
c:\sysprep\drivers\video
c:\sysprep\drivers\chipset

My setup.inf reads as follows:
;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]

OemPnPDriversPath=sysprep\drivers;sysprep\drivers\audio;sysprep\drivers\vide
o;sysprep\drivers\chipset
InstallFilesPath=c:\sysprep\i386
OemSkipEula=Yes

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=***
AutoLogon=Yes
AutoLogonCount=2
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=4

[UserData]
FullName="***"
OrgName="***"

[Display]
BitsPerPel=16
Xresolution=1024
YResolution=768
Vrefresh=75

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
Language=00000409

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Richard Perry

I am sure that these drivers are signed, but even if they aren't, I tried
the DriverSigningPolicy without it working either.

I even tried several different times the /pnp switch. All to no avail.

I am almost certain that the problem lies either in my directory structure,
or in the inf file, but I just don't have the knowledge to know if my hunch
is right. Meanwhile, I continue to try every configuration possibility that
I can think of.

Richard

Johan Arwidmark said:
Do you have unsigned drivers?

Then you need to set DriverSigningPolicy to ignore

Unsigned Drivers Not Installed During Sysprep Mini-Wizard Without
"-pnp" Switch
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;256204

regards
Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic
http://www.wug-nordic.net

[...]

Hi

Just a quick note, in your copy of the setup.inf you do
not have quotes around the path to the driver files i.e.

OemPnPDriversPath="sysprep\drivers;sysprep\drivers\audio;sy
sprep\drivers\video;sysprep\drivers\chipset"

I have in mine & it works fine.

Nick

wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
Do you have unsigned drivers?

Then you need to set DriverSigningPolicy to ignore

Unsigned Drivers Not Installed During Sysprep Mini- Wizard Without
"-pnp" Switch
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;256204

regards
Johan Arwidmark