Synchronization

Steven

Hi

1. My Documents target is pointed to H:\ on the network,
and it is set to Make Available Offline. I know that MDB
files are not synchronized; so, an error popped up every
time I logged off. Is it possible to not show this
Synchronization Error screen ?

2. I no longer see the Restore Default button in the
Target tab of My Documents properties. The target box
shows H:\, and it's greyed out (cannot be modified). What
to do if the My Documents needs to be restored to its
default location ?

Thanks
Steven

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

1. In Windows 2000, we cannot disable the Synchronization Error screen in
252509 now.

252509 Error Message: Files of This Type Cannot Be Made Available Offline
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=252509

In Windows XP, we can use the registry key "ExclusionErrorSuppressionList"
to suppress the error.

2. The Restore Default option is not available when group policy folder
redirection is in effect for My Documents. Please check the related group
policy.

For more information, check the articles below.

216463 Redirecting the My Documents Folder for All Users in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216463

221837 Configuration of the My Documents Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=221837

242557 Registry Settings for Folder Redirection in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=242557

232692 Folder Redirection Feature in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=232692

Thanks.

| From: "Steven" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Steven" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Synchronization
|
| Hi
|
| 1. My Documents target is pointed to H:\ on the network,
| and it is set to Make Available Offline. I know that MDB
| files are not synchronized; so, an error popped up every
| time I logged off. Is it possible to not show this
| Synchronization Error screen ?
|
| 2. I no longer see the Restore Default button in the
| Target tab of My Documents properties. The target box
| shows H:\, and it's greyed out (cannot be modified). What
| to do if the My Documents needs to be restored to its
| default location ?
|
| Thanks
| Steven

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so