sync outlook on two desktop computers.

Ignacio

The only way I know is by manually copying the OUTLOOK.PST file from the
office computer to your home one, and back again if you have changed it al
home. OUTLOOK.PST can be a very large file so you must find haw to
transport it,. Ideally you should have both computers connected over a
network.
To find out where Outlook stores OUTLOOK.PST go to the TOOLS menu choose
OPTIONS and on the MAIL SETUP tab click the DATA FILES button and click on
the OPEN FOLDER a windows explorer window will open showing you where the
pst file is.
If you have both computers connected over a network the is a nice little
program named "Backer" from LeanWare Software that will automate the backup
operation.
home --

I looked at slipstick. I am in the process of checking out the software they
suggest. Do you have any experience with any of them? Easy2Sync for Outlook
looks like it will replace the fusionone software I used until the service
was discontinued.

However, unless I want to transport a file manually, I am not sure how to
make it work. I will also try to explore connecting my home network to my
office network and leaving all the machines on all the time. I would prefer
not to do that though. I feel like I would bge be leaving all the computers
on all the networks unnecessarily exposed to viruses.

Any thoughts?

Thank you. I will look at the "backer" program you suggest. have you tried
easy2sync for outlook?

Ignacio

No I have not tried easy2synk

--
Ignacio Herrero
(e-mail address removed)

"easy2sync for outlook expewrience?" <easy2sync for outlook