Sybase connectivity

G

Hi

I am trying to connect to the Sybase server from a ASP.NET page. I keep getting the following error message when I run the page

ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Sybase System 11).
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Sybase System 11)

I am using an ODBCConnection object to connect to the database. I have tried connecting to the SYbase server using MS Access and it works fine. All the other connections to the SQL server database work well, expect this one

Please help.

Thanks

Sri

S

S Gopikrishna

Verify the connection string based on the sybase server
that you are using from the following

Standard Sybase System 12 (or 12.5) Enterprise Open
Client:
"Driver={SYBASE ASE ODBC
Driver};Srvr=Aron1;Uid=username;Pwd=password"

Standard Sybase System 11:
"Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM
11};Srvr=Aron1;Uid=username;Pwd=password;"
Do you know a userguide for Sybase System 11, 12, 12.5? E-
mail the URL to connectionstrings.com now!! >>

Intersolv 3.10:
"Driver={INTERSOLV 3.10 32-BIT
Sybase};Srvr=Aron1;Uid=username;Pwd=password;"

Sybase SQL Anywhere (former Watcom SQL ODBC driver):
"ODBC; Driver=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;
DefaultDir=c:\dbfolder\;Dbf=c:\mydatabase.db;Uid=username;
Pwd=password;Dsn="""""

- Gopi
-----Original Message-----
Hi,

I am trying to connect to the Sybase server from a
ASP.NET page. I keep getting the following error message
when I run the page:
ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due
to system error 126 (Sybase System 11).
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the
execution of the current web request. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and
where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR
[IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to
system error 126 (Sybase System 11).
I am using an ODBCConnection object to connect to the
database. I have tried connecting to the SYbase server
using MS Access and it works fine. All the other
connections to the SQL server database work well, expect
this one.

Reaction score
Problem solved

We could connect to the Sybase DB with an ODBC Test tool but the web application produced the following error:

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126.

The problem lay in our case with the System environment variable "Path".

Right click My Computer->Advanced TAB->Environment variabled button->Edit "Path" variable.

The Solution.
============

We copied the Path variable string from a healthy server where Sybase was working to our problematic server, then did IISReset.
Note: The two servers perform the same tasks so in theory they should have had the same Path string (but actually didn't).

Path string from Server that worked:

C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;C:\oracle\ora90\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;c:\sybase\dll;c:\sybase\bin

Path string from problematic server:
C:\oracle\ora90\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;c:\sybase\dll;c:\sybase\bin

Ask a Question