Switching to Dsktop View

U

Uncle Joe

Windows XP SP2, 1 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz Intel P4

I apologize for posting this basic question but the issue is bedeviling me. I have had two major medical
operations (open heart surgery) in the past six months and have forgotten much of what I knew about Windows.
Doctors say my memory will return in another six months so there's hope.

Let's say I'm viewing an IE6 website window. Now I want to switch to Desktop view without closing my IE6
window. I'm almost certain that there's a key combination to accomplish this jump to the Desktop view but I
can't find it listed anywhere. XP Online help was of no value in researching this issue. I've tried pressing
many key combinations but no joy. Please help.

Thank you so much for taking pity on this old geezer and answering my question.

Uncle Joe

U

Unk

Windows XP SP2, 1 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz Intel P4

I apologize for posting this basic question but the issue is bedeviling me. I have had two major medical
operations (open heart surgery) in the past six months and have forgotten much of what I knew about Windows.
Doctors say my memory will return in another six months so there's hope.

Let's say I'm viewing an IE6 website window. Now I want to switch to Desktop view without closing my IE6
window. I'm almost certain that there's a key combination to accomplish this jump to the Desktop view but I
can't find it listed anywhere. XP Online help was of no value in researching this issue. I've tried pressing
many key combinations but no joy. Please help.

Thank you so much for taking pity on this old geezer and answering my question.

Uncle Joe

Press the Windows key + D

Also, right-click the taskbar, select Toolbars, Quicklaunch. That adds a "Show Desktop" button.

Ask a Question