SUS can't synchronize

Guillaume Genest

Hi,
My SUS server running on a windows 2000 server is not
able for now 2 day to synchronize with Windows Update
services....

It has began with this error message (in SUS
synchronisation log):
Errors:
Failed to write Read This First and End User License
Agreement files to folder 'C:\SUS\content\cabs\'. (Error
0x8007000D: The data is invalid.)

and now i get this error:
Errors:
Failed to expand the catalog file. (Error 0x8007000D: The
data is invalid.)

Please help me.

thanks!

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for posting here.

I would like to suggest that you check if the C:\SUS\content\cabs\RTF
folder is set as a Read-only folder. As such SUS synchronization Service
could not save the extracted RTF files into this folder and
returned an "Access Denied" error.

If so, please remove the Read-only flag from C:\SUS\content\cabs\RTF and
all of its
sub-folders.

In addition, do you use SUS 1.0 with SP1? If not, I would like to suggest
that you download and install it from the following web site.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7aa96e4-6e41-4f54-
972c-ae66a4e4bf6c&displaylang=en

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Bob Qin
Microsoft Online Partner Support

From: "Guillaume Genest" <[email protected]>
Subject: SUS can't synchronize
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:18:35 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment

Hi,
My SUS server running on a windows 2000 server is not
able for now 2 day to synchronize with Windows Update
services....

It has began with this error message (in SUS
synchronisation log):
Errors:
Failed to write Read This First and End User License
Agreement files to folder 'C:\SUS\content\cabs\'. (Error
0x8007000D: The data is invalid.)

and now i get this error:
Errors:
Failed to expand the catalog file. (Error 0x8007000D: The
data is invalid.)

Please help me.

thanks!

Dusko Savatovic

The same happened to me yesterday.
I googled the solution.
Like Bob said, download the latest (official) version which is for now SUS
1.0 SP1.

Reinstall SUS in repair mode, even if you already had SUS 1.0 SP1.

Reinstalling in repair mode will fix your problem and preserve all your SUS
settings and downloads you received until now.

When you reinstall in repair mode, your SUS version will change from Version
1.0.3630,17 to Version 1.0.3630,2552.

Dusko Savatovic