Sumif date range

We track attendance per individual person on one worksheet. We only enter the
dates that the person is out. I want a SUMIF formula that will only tell me
the total sum of columnB between a certain range of dates.

For example: for October this person was out 2 days (of a total 4.5 days
out).

Date Absent Full/Half Day
8/31/07 1.0
9/4/07 0.5
9/24/07 1.0
10/01/07 0.5
10/25/07 1.0
10/26/07 0.5

Networkdays will count the number of days between two days, but won't total
half days. Is there any formula that will do this?

If you enter the Month Number 1-12 in B1 then

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$4:$A$17)=B1)*($B$4:$B$17))

Regards
Peter

Jim Cone

You got lucky. You should have started a new post, instead of adding to 4 year old post.

With the beginning date in D2 and the ending date in E2 then...
=SUMIF(A2:A7,">="&D2,B2:B7)-SUMIF(A2:A7,">"&E2,B2:B7)
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(XL Companion add-in: compares, matches, counts, lists, finds, deletes...)

"Delsy Hughes" <[email protected]>